New Original Song

rcsnydley

Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:28 am

I don't have video capabilities so here it is on my Soundclicks page.

"She's The Kind of Girl"

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_so ... ID=8629345

Ric

prawnpig

Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:37 am

Wow very nice good job man

AndyT

Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:48 am

Very professional.
Great voice.
I heard a couple of misses on changes in there but If I had not been listening for them I never would have noticed it.
Exceptionally well done.

Wal-Mart $20 webcam....

willem

Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:47 am

Ric, nice to listen to,, i like to listen with the lyrics in front of me. Did you play it mostly on the high strings?? And what was the inspiration to write this song?

Hope you ones have the cappabilities to record video,, goodluck..

lmc831

Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:13 am

Hey Ric,
Really liked your song. Does songwriting come easy for you? I recommend a good movie that just came out last week..."Crazy Heart", with Jeff Bridges. Its about a songwriter that is down on his luck. The music in the movie is really good. Check it out.

Lisa

Yamaha48

Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:36 am

Hello Ric.

Thanks fore share the music file.
Sounds pretty good Ric.
Next time make a vid oke?.
greet Anton

wrench

Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:02 am

Ric,

It was a pleasure to finally hear your music. That was quite a frontal assault - original composition AND singing. Very beautiful, and I hope to hear more.

Did you play that in standard tuning?

wrench

dekotaj

Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:27 am

HEY RIC.GREAT stuff,Not only did i listen to the one(and i hope you dont mind)I listen to all three.While i was listen to the first song was asking myself(Who dose he sound like?)And at the start of the third i thought Don Mclean,that who you remind me of.

Kevin

Lavallee

Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:25 am

Hi Rick, your 3 songs sounds very good. You have a very nice voice and the ballad arrangenments support it perfectly. Do you use a capo?

Marc

rcsnydley

Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:53 am

Thanks for all the great feedback and encouragement.

Yeah Andy there were a few "clunks" in there, but I really did this as a scratch demo to send to my friends so they can work on it for upcoming formal recording. I will check into the Walmart webcam.

Willem - it is capoed on the 3rd fret so that may account for the high string sound. I was thinking about the Beatles song 'Girl' that has the line "She's the kind of girl". Then I just thought about different things she might be like. My wife is convinced the line, that says "sometimes wish she'd go away" is about her.

Lisa - thanks for the movie recommendation, I'll check into it. As far as whether songwriting comes easy or not, it depends, sometimes they write themselves and sometime I need to drag them out kicking and screaming.

Yes wrench that is in standard tuning. The song was written in Bb, but since all of the chords were barre chords I transposed it to G and play it capoed at the 3rd fret. Then it is almost all open chords.

Kevin - thanks for the comparison I like Don McLean so that is definately a compliment. I mostly get Neil Young comparisons, it's nice to get some variety.

Marc - as you can see from my other comments this song is capoed, but it has an un-capoed part that another guitar will play on the formal recording. All three of these songs are capoed, I do that a lot to accommodate my voice and vocal style.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic