Voices in the Sky - how they change over time

TGJimB

Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:11 pm

I use Eva Cassidy as an example of correct singing all the time she is great at going from her chest to head voice flawlessly. Her voice would have lasted for many years had she lived. Eva is one of the singers my female students pick from at a certain point in there lessons... because she is such a great example of doing it right. Eva makes her transitions from chest to head without pushing... such a great example of a singer who could sing from chest to head and back down again.

TGJimB

Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:24 pm

Hey thanks Chris for kind words... I look forward to helping anyway I can.
I know it tock me a while to get on line but I will be checking regularly when ever I can in-between lessons with my in studio students.

TGJimB

Chasplaya

Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:39 pm

BigBear wrote:
tovo wrote:
Yet another artist who's voice I think has held up pretty well despite a ton of abuse is Lindsay Buckingham. Chas saw FM just recently so I'd be interested in his opinion on that but the Youtube stuff I have seen of Lindsay, he still sounds great to me.

The solo special he did a year or two ago showed that his voice is still strong and flexible. He sounded great! His guitar playing wasn't bad either for an old banjo picker! :cheer:
My impression of Lindsays voice was immediately on hearing him was Yup he's still got it, that was the first thing that came into my head. Then of course the lovely Stevie great voice but I thought she didn't quite have the range anymore, but neverthe less, the range she does have is tres bon! She is another who totally rests her voice between performances and doesn't speak at all... She was quoted in the press here as saying her voice is the tool of her trade and she looks after it like any good tradesperson.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic