Coming out of the TG closet

eagle670

Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:29 pm

izzyhara wrote:
jayswett wrote:
izzyhara wrote:
I will take this opportunity to apologize for all the videos I have posted, and you will all be happy to know that I have put the camera away for a while.
What on earth are you talking about? Pull that camera out of the closet!
Ah that's sweet.... Thanks Jay. Iz
Don't you dare put that camera away! I find it really inspiring that you all can put yourselves out there like that. You guy's that can do it provide the strength for those of us that can't, but hope too one day. That is a huge hurdle to cross right now.

Kevin

MarkM

Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:44 pm

eagle670 wrote:
izzyhara wrote:
jayswett wrote:
izzyhara wrote:

What on earth are you talking about? Pull that camera out of the closet!
Ah that's sweet.... Thanks Jay. Iz
Don't you dare put that camera away! I find it really inspiring that you all can put yourselves out there like that. You guy's that can do it provide the strength for those of us that can't, but hope too one day. That is a huge hurdle to cross right now.

Kevin

Ditto for me. Keep it out of the closet. I enjoy your videos. Love your singing voice.

MarkM

izzyhara

Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:47 pm

Why Thank you Mark. I do love to sing.... and actually now that I am singing more (for you guys) I am getting better. It takes practice, just like everything else. I do appreciate your kind comments.

smips65

Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:28 pm

:blink:

Sweet Izzy, don't hibernate the camera.

I remembered a comment you posted earlier on a different thread regarding use of your name in lyrics, and finally came up with one.

So beware...

izzyhara

Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:42 am

smips65 wrote:
:blink:

Sweet Izzy, don't hibernate the camera.

I remembered a comment you posted earlier on a different thread regarding use of your name in lyrics, and finally came up with one.

So beware...
oh my gosh!! I can't wait !! Why do I think an appropriate rhyme might be "dizzy?"

michelew

Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:39 am

Take it from me Izzy, once you come out of the closet there's no going back. It's just not natural!

izzyhara

Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:00 am

michelew wrote:
Take it from me Izzy, once you come out of the closet there's no going back. It's just not natural!
Oh well.... I am out of the closet. My camera is not....... haha. Well, technically it's in a drawer. What does that mean?????

michelew

Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:17 am

Some one might need to consult the runes, taro cards or back of a cereal box for the answer to that one.

Chasplaya

Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:45 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
...oh yeah, I'm looking forward to you Chas, Bear and BILL to post a singing song... hows about it guys :-)!
All going well later today with the 'Close the Site Voice' lol

neverfoundthetime

Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:16 pm

Thought I'd revisit this thread to post my news.....

I'm still stunned and slightly nonplussed and definitely chuffed beyond belief. O.k. I just finished watching Suzi's latest video which was just so lovely, my socks are still off ;-). But what happened? Something I never knew belonged to me just popped out of the closet and left me gob-smacked. I've been doing my fad thing again, like with Elton, I listen to a song that really gets to me over and over trying to work out how I'm going to sing/play it. This time it was Say it Ain't So by Murry Head which was recently placed on the songs request. I used to love this when I was a teenager and I was singing it to myself a few months back without having heard it in about 30 years. Well, in the days of You Tube, it's all just a click away so I looked it up. Trying to sing along with it went well but in a lower register than Murry Head. I've got a congested chest because of all the pollen and volcanic dust in the Swiss air this week so I sound like I've got a bad cold and my voice went really deep. So I'm thinking, no way I can sing that high... and then it happened.... a falsetto voice which I thought must belong to Dennis or the Bee Gees jumped out of my closet and is suddenly filling the room. I can't tell you how I felt. I have never been able to do THAT, never even tried, and then suddenly this amazing and other worldly voice is filling the room. I'm sure the neighbours were thrilled!!! I kept it up for about half an hour not wanting to stop because I was sure I'd never be able to do it again. But I can and it's so much fun!

So apart from being tickled pink at this unexpected development, I'm also at a loss to understand what just happened. You guys know I love to sing and it's better than my guitar playing but how can a voice like that apear from no where especially when I have a severely congested chest and my talking voice is an octave deeper than normal and sound really hung over otherwise. It's like my range stretched both ways one octave. I posted here in the hope that our singing coach Jim may have some answers... I certainly don't!

Here's the song in question... I recorded myself too but I'm not sure I should post that...

PS: Roger Daltry did this too but he's tuned the guitar down a half step so is singing it a half step lower.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic