haoli25 wrote:
A splash or two of that couldn't hurt either MJ. :laugh: :P :laugh:
My recent favorite.......

B) B) B) B) B) B)

MarkM

Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:11 pm

Music Junkie wrote:
haoli25 wrote:
It's gonna take a lot of Scotch, Chris! :laugh: A LOT of Scotch! But I am still considering it.

Bill
Bill:

If it's any help, I use bourbon......... :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

So that's what I was missing..... Damn............I'll work on that this weekend.

All kidding aside I have to say that this site and in particular this forum has made it very safe, for me anyway, to feel comfortable in sticking my perverbial.......neck.... out there. I look at it this way. There is so much talent at various different levels and techniques on here that it is a joy to watch and learn from. Also what I may or may not be good at is in, sometimes, direct contrast to what someone else is doing or what their background is. I see something and I go "Man I want to be able to do that". Neil gives us the tools but all of you give me the incentive because I want to grow as a player and performer. Besides, who doesn't want a pat on the back and constructive critism. I'm fairly competative (with myself) and stubborn so you all give me somthing to shoot for.

MarkM

izzyhara

Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:19 pm

haoli25 wrote:
It's gonna take a lot of Scotch, Chris! :laugh: A LOT of Scotch! But I am still considering it.

Bill
Is the liquor for you? Or your audience?

Music Junkie

Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:22 pm

MarkM wrote:
So that's what I was missing..... Damn............I'll work on that this weekend.

All kidding aside I have to say that this site and in particular this forum has made it very safe, for me anyway, to feel comfortable in sticking my perverbial.......neck.... out there. I look at it this way. There is so much talent at various different levels and techniques on here that it is a joy to watch and learn from. Also what I may or may not be good at is in, sometimes, direct contrast to what someone else is doing or what their background is. I see something and I go "Man I want to be able to do that". Neil gives us the tools but all of you give me the incentive because I want to grow as a player and performer. Besides, who doesn't want a pat on the back and constructive critism. I'm fairly competative (with myself) and stubborn so you all give me somthing to shoot for.

MarkM
Ditto my friend! My true intentions were to be able to strum and sing so I could bust my baby Taylor or my Martin Backpacker out around the campfire or on the hillside on long backpacking trips in the Sierras. I have not only gotten a little better at that, but I have started to transcribe other songs that I want to learn and even push to get some of the more technical stuff down. I still suck at the technical stuff, but at least I am giving it a go, when I never thought I could. I find myself messing with the intro to "From the Beginning" all the time. Beautiful piece of music! This site really is so overwhelming. There are so many songs in the library now with new ones coming out each week. We are adding classical, bass, voice, electric, mandolin, uke.....unbelievable. On a personal level, I am stoked about the electric lessons coming. It is fun to bust out the Hollow Cobra S and play sometimes..... B) B) B)

Music Junkie

Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:23 pm

izzyhara wrote:
haoli25 wrote:

Bill
LOL Izzy :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

MarkM

Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:30 pm

Music Junkie wrote:
izzyhara wrote:
haoli25 wrote:

Bill
LOL Izzy :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ah yes!! Even better. I kindly instruct all who watch my next singing attemp to drink a healthy amount of tequila before watching. Preferably Cabo. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

MarkM

izzyhara

Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:37 pm

I also enjoy the videos. I personally have learned so much from the comments, both comments made about my performances, and those made on other's videos. This last thread with MarkM was truly what this site is all about..... put yourself out there, get a bazillion comments, and put yourself out there again - way better.
I will take this opportunity to apologize for all the videos I have posted, and you will all be happy to know that I have put the camera away for a while. I didn't even put my ugly mug on my last competition entry, which may go up today. It's pretty much just the neck of my guitar, but you do have to suffer through my singing one more time. Sorry :( . It's great to know that when I need an ear or an eye to something that I am working on, I have a whole crowd out there ready to support me and help me to get better. Don't want to abuse that.
Hey, do you think Neil watches any of this stuff we put out?
Cannot believe how valuable this site is - for my playing, my growth as a guitar player, (well my budget has suffered a little bit.....) and just to have a worldwide community of friends who rejoice in the same thing I am passionate about. I live and breathe TotallyGuitars right now. My life is full....

jayswett

Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:47 pm

izzyhara wrote:
I will take this opportunity to apologize for all the videos I have posted, and you will all be happy to know that I have put the camera away for a while.
What on earth are you talking about? Pull that camera out of the closet!

izzyhara

Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:06 pm

jayswett wrote:
izzyhara wrote:
I will take this opportunity to apologize for all the videos I have posted, and you will all be happy to know that I have put the camera away for a while.
What on earth are you talking about? Pull that camera out of the closet!
Ah that's sweet.... Thanks Jay. Iz

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic