Block Party

AndyT

Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:18 am

In my blog, I wrote about a block party I played at this weekend. It was a lot of fun. Here is a short video of one of the songs we did. I'm not sure if its good enough to get feedback on improving, but feel free to offer what you can.

I'm the one wearing the hat. (My favorite hat by the way.)

willem

Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:29 am

Thanks for sharing Andy,,that looks like fun,,it was nice straight strumming and harmonie singin,,

michelew

Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:45 am

Looks like it was a lot of fun Andy. Your strumming looks great from here.

neverfoundthetime

Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:47 am

Good srumming Andy but where were all the Hula girls?!

MarkM

Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:02 am

Andy,

Looks solid to me. More importantly though is that this looked like a ton of fun!!! To see something like that lets me know that there is light at the end of the long winter tunnel for us folks here in the northeast. Bring on Summer!!!!. Thanks for sharing!!

MarkM

Chasplaya

Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:46 pm

HI Andy what great fun it is to play with a group, presents some challenges if you've never done it before, but also can be very rewarding and actually help you improve. Need a close up of the Hat, nice to see the tradition of Hats being worn being carried on.
Maybe guys who have done this a lot can provide tips on playing with Bands in another thread.

tovo

Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:22 pm

Diggin' the hat Andy and looks like you guys were having fun. Thanks for sharing.

hasben

Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:30 pm

Andy, good stuff! "I'll Fly Away" was written by Albert Brumley, a native of Muskogee. He was inducted post-hum... post-humnous.... well, you know what I mean, into the Oklahoma Music Hall of Fame, here in Muskogee. He wrote many gospel songs. I'm not the Baptist I used to be, but I still have a place in my heart for a good gospel song. Looked like great fun. Where was the keg? :laugh: Fred

AndyT

Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:50 pm

Willem,
Yes it was an easy strum, but trying to get everyone playing together is not easy.

Michelle,
Loads of fun! Thanks. I worked hard to get my strumming to where it is now.

Mark,
What do you mean? It IS winter here. Notice how green everything is? LOL

Chris,
All over the place! They just wer'nt wearing their costumes. But if you come for a visit, I'll show you where they all hang out. LMBO

Chas,
It is difficult to get that many guitars playing together smoothly. We had to decide who would play what and how.

Tony,
My wife got me the hat about 10 years ago. Handmade by Kalkaska hats at the Michigan Renaissance Festival. The top emblem is a Dove. A US flag below that, and a Native American style choker made by a friend of mine for me.

Fred,
Yep, I did know that. He has a webpage too. Pretty good for a posthumous guy. LOL The keg was full of orangeade and it was behind the camera.

buddy

Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:07 pm

Andy,

Fun stuff, looks like you have a fun group of folks playing with you.

Bud

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic