Collaboration of One - "In My Life"

MarkM

Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:55 pm

Great job guys!!! Daryl. I really enjoyed your playing on this. In my version I kind of combine the two different parts but it's not nearly as polished as yours. I can take some pointers from this. Really well done.

Chris that was a nice surprise. I tell you the truth though. I really liked you voice on this. Heck you can sing anything well but this "version" of you with the chest cold was different and added a new vibe to your ability. It fit very well with this song. I hope you feel better soon though!!!!

MarkM

ffsooo3

Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:14 pm

Mark, I play the two parts (rhythm and riff) simultaneously too. I was just attempting to do a 3-part collaboration (rhythm, lead, and melody) but it just didn't work out. I'd love to hear/see your version, and Dennis's, and anyone else's version. I think it's fun to hear various interpretations and styles....

izzyhara

Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:02 pm

As usual, that was just WAY too much fun. So how do you "phantom sing" like that? Maybe you don't want to tell me---- I might try it.
Loved all the backgrounds. What did you do that with? Is that just Audacity? Man I am getting too far behind on the "how to's".
Daryl I always love your stuff. Even with the less than perfect video quality, this was a joy to watch and listen to.
Izzy

ffsooo3

Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:08 pm

Izzy - Thanks for the comments. I was hoping you might have a go at 'phantom' singing. Talk to Chris about how he did it. The background stuff (bass, drums, and keyboards) was done in ProTools as midi stuff. If you'd like an MP3 of just the backing stuff PM me with your email address. That goes for anyone else too. Hopefully, when I get my new laptop the video and sound quality will improve....

stratman3

Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:16 am

Nicely done the two of you. This song may be one of my favorites.

Gary B)

haoli25

Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:22 am

That was beautiful. I have lost track of how many times I have played it now. As I said earlier, Daryl your playing was just perfect and adding the "Phantom Voice" was just over the top. Absolutely amazing. Thanks for sharing one of the best videos on TG.

Bill Image

tovo

Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:51 am

I had already commented on this excellent post and didn't realise until now that it had been updated. You should catch cold more often Chris, it gave a "grittiness" to your voice that I really liked, particularly the lower notes. GREAT playing from Daryl, and very nice accompaniment. Bravo.

Lavallee

Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:16 am

I had commented before on the excellent playing of Daryl, just noticed the contribution from Chris. Very nice signing, the different tonality due to the cold gives a unique sound, it is very nice. Chris, you will have to start smoking ;)

Marc

suziko

Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:34 am

Daryl,

That was a beautiful rendition of one of my all-time-favorite Beatles songs. Really just beautiful. And I loved the addition of Chris's vocals.

If you haven't already mentioned (I could have missed it), what type of guitar are you playing, Daryl? It sure is pretty!

Suzi

hasben

Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:03 am

Daryl, very well played! Chris, I think the Liverpool accent (and inate talent)made the song. You mentioned your voice has changed lately. For most of us that occurs somewhere around puberty. Perhaps you are a late bloomer. :laugh:

Great job guys. More, more, more...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic