Collaboration of One - "In My Life"

buddy

Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:27 am

Daryl,

That was really well done. I really enjoy your videos.

Bud

neverfoundthetime

Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:10 am

Lovely Daryl! One f my all time favourites from John Lennon and one which has a lot meaning in our family. Thanks for posting.... and man you really nailed that harpsichord solo! :-)

neverfoundthetime

Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:21 am

The Phantom singer strikes again! An unauthorised secret collaboration (please excuse the rough voice Daryl, the Phantom has heavy chest congestion)......

willem

Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:35 am

Daryl thanks for putting this up,,,Chris,, your cold voice has something other then a cold i mean,,,,,when it does'nt go away you can do a Joe Cocker song....lol

All with all i enjoyed all of the collaboration,,,thanks Guy's..

dekotaj

Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:23 am

BRAVO!!Daryl

Really enjoyed the video,cant wait for the redo of this collaboration when you get your laptop.Maybe by then you can do a collaboration of three and Dennis can join in.LOL.

Thanks for the post like all your vids very much enjoyed.

Kevin

ffsooo3

Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:37 am

Everyone - Thanks!
Chris - I was hoping you would do what you did! I liked it alot (even with your cold) - and I know that you prefer to sing "In My LIfe" in a different key. I thought your singing was great! Maybe others who can also sing might do the same thing (Dennis? Damian?, others?).

AcousticAl

Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:35 am

Great job, Daryl! Has anyone put this song in the request pipeline yet? Would love to see Neil do a lesson on it.

And I was wondering when the Phantom Singer would strike again! Even with a cold, you've still got pipes, Chris.

Well done both of you.

mcfingers

Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:58 am

Daryl, Very cool production. You could form a small production company called, "My Myself and I Plus Chris :P I love that song, well done. Chris, the gravely throated crooner, your singing was a nice addition. You guys make me want to figure out this tech stuff so I can contribute. Too much fun is being had without me. :laugh:

Cheers,
Steve

wrench

Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:10 pm

That was great, Daryl. Any 50-something sentimental silly who liked that song in 1965 just has to believe it is very significant now.

Was that Chris singing? I thought it was John Lennon. Chris, you put something into that song I can't explain, but it was very profound.

I enjoyed it a bunch. Thanks to both of you.

neverfoundthetime

Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:38 pm

Thanks Daryl, you set that up beautifully, really enjoyed doing a quicky on that. Downloaded yours on hearing it did a one-take in audacity and pasted it together in AVS. Took longer to upload to you tube than it did to download, record and mix! It's an odd thing and I'll post a blog about the voice but although I'm all gunged-up in my chest and have a talking voice coming out of my boots, I could reach that key ok. In fact I could have sung way higher. Something's happened to my voice and I can sing all over the place up or down at the moment and do things I've never done before and I have no idea how that happened.

Al, Steve, willem and Dan, thanks for the comments. Dan, if I'd inherited my mother's Liverpool accent and held my nose a little, I may have got a little closer that Lennon nasal twang, the gravel was luck! It is just is a special song for me so maybe that's what you heard. I reckon it tells all we need to know about John Lennon, he was so autobiographical and so real in his lyrics, loved him for it.
Willem: Joe Cocker! Man, that could be the future for me! Funniest comment I've heard for a long time, my friend!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic