original sheet music..

willem

Sun May 02, 2010 4:50 am

hello everybody,,i wanna know something,,what is it worth to you to have the original sheetmusic from a song with the written melody on it,,okay,we have the target lessons,,the Gp tabs, we go to chordy and listen to the artist him self to get down the melody,,,but i alway's have trouble to find the melody or frase to sing with the progression,,(not alway's),,so what i do is buy on musicnotes(.com) the sheetmusic so that i can see a kind of melody/fraseing,,then i know were the melodynotes are on the strumming beats or picking and how the melody is in his intervals and ritmic, etc,,,i just want to share this (not the sheetmusic) with you how i try to find it out and maybe its a good tip...

ps okay you must learn to read notes,,,c-d-e-f-g-a-b,,alway's handy

izzyhara

Sun May 02, 2010 10:02 am

Interesting comment Willem. I read music, so I like to have sheet music - sometimes - in front of me for, like you say, phrasing and such. Or I will hear a song on the tv or radio (generally a piano song) and I will locate the sheet music for that, as I cannot improvise on the piano like I can on the guitar. As a child, I would purchase sheet music and literally sit and "read" it... I could tell what it would sound like when played. But personally I find I don't need it as much now, because we have GP and tabs and such, as I did before we had all these other ways to learn to play. The internet sure has been fabulous for learning to play a song because we have all these ways to hear it, watch it, and then get the music if we need it. Fun discussion....

Chasplaya

Sun May 02, 2010 3:08 pm

Whilst I can read standard notation I can't sight read and play simultaneously. BUt I do like sheetmusic for some songs. However, I have purchased from Musicnotes.com and found their transcriptions not alwasy 100% accurate. So now mostly if I find a good tab in any format I put it in GPro and then bring up in standard notation it tends to be good enough for what I want

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic