Repost - Sour Whiskey

professor bob

Wed May 19, 2010 9:54 am

Hi folks,

Well this has been an exciting week. I tried to get my internet server to put up a website I could use but that certainly does not work. Then I decided to put up a video but I could not play the tune as near as well as when I did it, as well as try to work the camera. I have only been playing guitar for a couple of years and one way I like to learn is to record myself and then listen critically. I started out with a tape recorder but it always ran out as I often used to play almost an hour at a time.

I ended up buying equipment I could use to use my computer as a recorder supplied by M audio. I tried several free programs but I like Audacity the best. It allows me to save a file as an MP3 that I can play back in winamp. During these periods often things would come out that sounded great, so I could cut away all the rest and save only what I could modify to sound the best. That is how Sour Whiskey came out, and I can not play it again now. During that period I was working on trying to make a tune and I made over a half a dozen, all of which I can not play now because my playing has improved so much I can no longer make the same sound. It really is a learning curve. I make pleasant noise to me but I need to be able to learn a tune and make a sound or song someone can recognize, and play.

This time I hope you can actually hear Sour Whiskey, and along with it enjoy some pictures of a winter walk in downtown Toronto on a cold winter day.

Enjoy,
p.s. it sounds better played quieter, too much transmogrification in the delivery system.

Bob[video][/video]