Collaboration - All My Loving

MarkM

Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:24 pm

That was fantastic!!!! Love the song and you did an amazing job with it all the way around.

MarkM

ffsooo3

Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:44 pm

Steve and Mark: Thanks! It's just a GREAT song! And without Paul's bass line the song just wouldn't be the same. John's triplet rhythm just adds one more level of interest to an already great song. But the way jaaaaaaa did the song, I didn't think I should even attempt the triplet thing (I'm not sure I could even pull it off if I tried).

Bear: No I don't know jaaaaaaa. But she has a great voice and does wonderful harmonies and seems to really have fun.

Bill: I love your "salute". It made me laugh. Thanks.

Marc: I imported the audio portion of my "bass-playing" video into audacity and simply did an effects->change-pitch on the track and dropped the pitch 12 half-steps (which we all know is an octave. right?). I then exported the altered audio into an MP3 file and then imported the new audio file into WMM and dropped in onto the audio track of the "bass-playing" video. Ta-da!

Craig

Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:54 pm

Daryl,
Wow! That was a great job of playing both parts. Extremely cool and lot of fun to watch. Thanks for sharing.
Craig

BobR

Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:32 pm

Daryl,

That looked like fun and of course a pleasure to listen to. Great job on your collaboration

Bob

snipe

Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:59 pm

Wow, That was just super fantastic. Really loved it. Im hoping to do some collaboration with my daughter at some point but dont have any equipment yet. I can see I have some work cut out for myself!

Congrats!!!!!!!!!

Mike

ffsooo3

Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:35 am

snipe wrote:
Wow, That was just super fantastic. Really loved it. Im hoping to do some collaboration with my daughter at some point but dont have any equipment yet. I can see I have some work cut out for myself!

Congrats!!!!!!!!!

Mike
Mike: I didn't use any special equiment for the video other than the built-in webcam and built-in mike on my laptop. I used all free software (Windows Movie Maker, AVS Video Editor, and Audacity). If you have an acoustic/electric you wouldn't even need a mike.

BobR & Craig (and anyone else I may have missed): Thanks for the kind words. It really is a fun song to play. And actually quite easy to play (if you can do barre chords).

jayswett

Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:42 am

I didn't realize that you can change the pitch using Audacity. I can't say I'm surprised by that, but it's a good tip to know. Well done on the collaboration.

songman52

Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:37 pm

Daryl, that was great! I really enjoyed it.
As for the technical jargon, I'm lost. I wish I had more computer geek in me, as I'd love to post some stuff and get some tips on a few songs. Maybe someday ... sigh.

Hey, love the guitar. My main squeeze is a 1981 Custom Balladeer. From what I can see of yours, the rosette is identical and it looks like you have the diamond (shaped) inlays as well. Is this correct?

Anyway, loved the video and the story.

Jerry

ffsooo3

Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:29 am

Jerry, Many here at TG are "geeks" B) and could certainly lend a hand. BTW my guitar is a 1983 Anniversary (1157).

Here's a pic of it (hopefully):

neverfoundthetime

Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:43 am

Great stuff Daryl! Love it! So Jaaaaaa hasn't met the phantom guitar player yet, cool!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic