Collaboration - All My Loving

ffsooo3

Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:56 pm

While surfing YouTube last weekend I stumbled upon “jaaaaaaa” doing a fantastic cover of “All My Loving”. So I thought I’d try a collaboration with her. I think it’s my best one yet! And yes that’s me playing the bass on my 6 string acoustic (through the magic of audacity).

Learning and playing this song was a lot of fun. It’s one of my (many) all time favorite Beatle songs. The weird thing is that in all my 40+ years of playing guitar, I’ve never played the song before this week! I guess that’s because I don’t/can’t sing (as many of you already know) and to play this song one really should sing along. So through the wonder that is YouTube I found me a singer. Then I learned the chords to the song by going to chordie.com. I learned the bass part from “The Beatles Complete Score (Transcribed Scores)” book. For die-hard Beatle fans it’s a must have book! (I know Neil has a copy.)

dekotaj

Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:58 pm

Fantastic!BRAVO!!

One of my favrite vids so far!Thank you.

Kevin

willem

Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:10 pm

YEAH Daryl,,like Kevin,,this is my favorite,,,well man nice playing and editing,,you got the PIP'S BIGGER (must work on that,,its still movie maker??),,it is certainly worth to surf on YT,,,,,THANKS,, so nice,,i show it to everybody...

beaker

Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:11 pm

ffsooo3, Pretty cool collaboration. She is a good singer. Your guitar work is bang on. Does jaaaaaaa know that you made this collaboration? You computer experts amaze me! Beaker.

TGMike

Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:19 pm

That was really fun to watch. Good stuff!

ffsooo3

Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:23 pm

Thanks all! It was really fun to do. I haven't notified jaaaaaaa yet. I will. I hope she won't mind. Willem, I used AVS (the free version) for the PIP stuff. I might try to splice in the middle eight lead break part later on. We'll see.....

BigBear

Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:27 pm

Daryl- that was great! Do you even know jaaaaaaa? If not, that's a pretty cool way to get someone to sing your favorite songs! lol!

Great song and guitar playing! I really enjoyed that!!

Well done buddy!! :cheer:

haoli25

Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:40 pm

Daryl and Jaaaaaa that was so cool. Great job! That's one of those videos that you have to watch over and over. Thanks for posting it.

Bill Image

mcfingers

Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:52 pm

Bravo! I loved the bass line you introduced with the rhythm section. Awesome and really fun to watch. Steve

Lavallee

Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:13 pm

Just a great video, Daryl, you have a good knowledge of the software (you took the time to learn)and your presentations are excellent. I also like the bass section you introduced. How did you get your guitar to sound like a bass?

Marc

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic