Collaboration - Julia

ffsooo3

Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:28 pm

I have been debating with myself (for a long time) whether to post my attempt of 'Julia' or not. I asked Chris if he would do the vocals for me (and then I would decide if I would/should post the video). After hearing what Chris did I had to post the video. What do you all think?

willem

Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:50 pm

What i think,,nicely done,,soft singin is very difficult to keep on tone,,so i have much respect for the playing and the singin,,,was ther a kind of modulation in the song??? when you know its coming be prepared..thanks so much..love it a!!

pbraun

Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:35 pm

OUTSTANDING. Great playing and singing of a great Lennon tune!
Thanks for posting!
Pete

tovo

Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:22 pm

I think....you made a wise decision to post it.

Very beautiful.

Now to speak of technicalities:

My understanding (and I could be wrong has happened before) is that anchoring is ok for cross-picking but you should work to avoid it for finger-style. I'm sure it doesn't detract from the playing one little bit in the case, but trying to identify something you could work on. As I said, happy to be corrected.

Cheers mate.

blindshine

Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:49 pm

very nice.

Michael

ffsooo3

Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:55 am

tovo wrote:
I think....you made a wise decision to post it.

Very beautiful.

Now to speak of technicalities:

My understanding (and I could be wrong has happened before) is that anchoring is ok for cross-picking but you should work to avoid it for finger-style. I'm sure it doesn't detract from the playing one little bit in the case, but trying to identify something you could work on. As I said, happy to be corrected.

Cheers mate.
Thanks for the comment and critique. I'm not familiar with the term "cross-picking". Could you please explain that term for me? Also, could you explain the rationale behind "avoiding anchoring for finger-style playing"?

neverfoundthetime

Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:15 am

It was a pleasure to work with Daryl on this. His covering of Beatle songs is first class and he plays this absolutely beautifully. Thanks Daryl, when it comes to the Fab Four, you da man! :-)

Willem. There are no effects or modulation involved here but when I uploaded this to youtube for Daryl to access, it changed the sound and made it a little wobbly. Maybe that's what you are picking up. I can here it on this version but on the original it's much cleaner. AL mentioned a distortion problem on his last upload, so we think something happens (deterioration) to the sound quality on the upload to youtube. I have often noticed a wobbling on files I've converted to mp3 and on downloaded videos which I've then converted to mp3 sound tracks.

michelew

Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:46 am

Daryl and Chris,

That was a gorgeous performance. It was so nicely in balance too. The playing was perfect as far as I could tell and the singing was angelic.

I'm so glad you posted it Daryl. Good choice.

Maybe one day the phantom will take off his mask.

Michele

beaker

Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:23 am

Daryl & Chris,
Nice job on the collaboration. I love that song. Beaker.

dekotaj

Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:28 am

I think it was fantastic.BRAVO!!Guys!

Thank you,it was a great way to start my morning out.The mix was perfect,soft guitar playing to set up a great vocal performance.I'm going to ask,instead of checking it out some were.After the tag,you end with a strum and then the last open note and letting it ring out.The open note at the end is it part of the song our something you do??

Kevin

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic