PLEASE READ AND VOTE

AndyT

Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:51 am

There has been discussion of why people do not move up in skill level. It was suggested that we do not practice enough. I think it has more to do with what and why we are practicing.

Comments welcome.

AndyT

Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:18 pm

Sorry folks.
The poll software keeps cutting off part of the choices. I did not know we had a limited space.

mcfingers

Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:49 pm

I have never written out goals for a practice session. I just sit down pick up the guitar and start working (playing through) whatever song is am currently most interested in trying to learn. I work on the guitar part first and then as the song progresses I start humming the melody along with the guitar playing. Eventually, I begin learning the lyrics. I might play around with 4-10 different songs this way during a 1-2 hr playing session.
I don't know if it is the most efficient way of learning but it seems to offer me the most enjoyment while I am playing. Playing guitar is a fun outlet for me I don't want to reduce it WORK! Sheesh, what would be the point of "playing" guitar if it felt like work. I already have a stressful job at which I "WORK". I want guitar playing to be fun. :)

Steve

pbraun

Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:45 pm

I consider it practice every time I pick it up, whether it's a song I am trying to learn or one I have been playing awhile. Never good enough to say it can;t be better, so it is practice!
Pete

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic