How do we find our own singin voice and don't try to imitate??

willem

Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:27 pm

A huge thing i believe,,and hpope there are some thought on it,,we can take over a tone,,so when we hit a G on guitar (3 string)we can take over that tone,i have discover by my self that i can make that tone on two difrent way's and don't do that a octave lower,,and one of it is akind off comfort,,so i think the other one is to high or something,,now i do know that the guitar is a octave lower then the piano,is it then better to practice a melody with piano? AN other tought is,must we think from out our speakin voice to start!! a melody or song,i think it's a kind of comfort to do or try that and have more range,,

tovo

Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:31 pm

Hey Willem. I think it's important to experiment with singing in various keys. I don't know much about the theory of singing (or anything else to be honest) but I know what sounds OK and what doesn't. I think what's most important is finding the right key to start with so experimenting with that is the way to go.

willem

Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:52 pm

tovo wrote:
Hey Willem. I think it's important to experiment with singing in various keys. I don't know much about the theory of singing (or anything else to be honest) but I know what sounds OK and what doesn't. I think what's most important is finding the right key to start with so experimenting with that is the way to go.
Oke Tony, i do experiment and think the key of C is very comfort,,but i also ment in my question ''how do we find'',,so my opinion is to think or make tone from out the comfort zone(speaking voice),,i often start or make tone to high...hope on some discussing or knowledge or experence here..

lueders

Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:38 pm

Great question Willem, when you figure out how, let me know...It's even harder to find your singing voice when you have a three note range, like I do.

wadestar

Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:45 pm

Yes good question, since I have no voice at all when I play. It is when I can sing to the stereo I find my vocal range. Next learn a song in that range, that you can play well enough to add some of your own style into the song. Speed it up slow it down add a slap a flick or extra bends. You will be playing your guitar so this is important find your range on the guitar Capo or different tunings help then you can find your style.

I am a big fan of Original music, but when a song is covered in a new way it catchs my ear.
Try to do songs in different styles like rock, blues...ect.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic