SONGS IN SEASON

neverfoundthetime

Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:31 am

Nutritionists suggest we eat our food and veggies’ in season to get the most out of it. Here's a little attempt to focus on songs in season.

There is something about September. Maybe it's the loss of summer and all its promise that brings a melancholic feel to this beautiful time of year. Maybe it's the richness of the on-going harvest or the shortening of the days and the rising of the mists. Whatever. It seems to be the time of year with so many songs associated with it. I love this time of year and here are two examples of songs which struck a melancholic chord in me over the years, the first from childhood the second from youth. Do you have some suggestions which fit the time of year or the month? Add them here and let’s keep this thread going all year.

I used to listen to this by Nina and Frederick in the early 60s. Couldn't find their version on the tube so here's the fantastic voice of Andy Williams which was also a major influence on my love of song way back when.

And here my favourite voice, Justin Hayward:

ceaser67

Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:37 am

Hi Chris,
Wow Justin Hayward what a voice,i havent heard that song for so long,fantastic i have listened to it 4 times now,love that song,i will have to think long and hard to beat that chris,got myself a cuppa and i think one more listen full volume will be enough for now,
Tommy

willem

Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:59 am

LAY BACK AND PUT THE FIRE ON..

abiliog

Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:42 am

I think this one, fits perfectly.

Abilio

neverfoundthetime

Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:58 am

Glad you like Justin Hayward Tommy!

I was just about to post Brian Hylan (We gotta say Goodbye for the Summer) and September Morning by Neil Diamond but I remembered that we've been asked not to upload anything until Wednesday due to the sites migration.... so maybe we should hold back two days before we post more here.....

beaker

Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:13 am

...... those songs were nice. But..... for this one I recommend that you crank it up. And definitely don't cosy up to the fire, just play it loud!!!!!

ffsooo3

Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:39 am

Chris, I think it's OK to LINK YouTube videos to Forum posts; you just can't UPLOAD videos from within TG until Wednesday.....

neverfoundthetime

Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:17 pm

ffsooo3 wrote:
Chris, I think it's OK to LINK YouTube videos to Forum posts; you just can't UPLOAD videos from within TG until Wednesday.....
Okee dokee...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic