"Come Monday" by AcousticAl (with vocals)

AcousticAl

Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:53 am

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Just listened again Al and it is really excellent!
Four times, Chris?!
You ok?

Music Junkie

Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:58 pm

AcousticAl wrote:
MJ- Thanks. When's your next upload? We'd like to see the TG guitar you won IN ACTION!
Al:

I have to concentrate on a single song long enough to give it a go publicly..... :)

The guitar I won is no longer with me, but is is in the TG program..... ;) ;)

Since I am a lefty, I was not really able to play it. It was quite beautiful, but the darn thing was constructed backward for some reason..... :P

I am hoping to record a clip with it in the near future, possibly as a collaboration. When life settles a bit and we nail things down a bit more.... B)

Kudos again on this wonderful cover of "Come Monday". Your playing continues to improve with every new song.

J

tovo

Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:39 pm

AcousticAl wrote:

Don't think I'd go as far as 'one of the best things on TG'. But thanks all the same.
Well I would! What would you know Al, you're just the performer...I'm the audience so I know what I like! :)

I say it because I can sit back, listen and enjoy like I would enjoy a professional artist singing it. I didn't pick up on stumbles and you sounded great. So from an entertainment point of view it was one of the better videos I have heard/seen. It doesn't need to be the most technically challenging tune to be great...although it didn't look that easy to me.

Anyway, judging from the responses to your video plenty of people agree. Well done.

suziko

Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:45 pm

This was really nice, Al! Your voice is good for this song and your playing sounded just great.

Great job!

Suzi

AcousticAl

Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:28 pm

tovo wrote:
AcousticAl wrote:

Don't think I'd go as far as 'one of the best things on TG'. But thanks all the same.
Well I would! What would you know Al, you're just the performer...I'm the audience so I know what I like! :)

I say it because I can sit back, listen and enjoy like I would enjoy a professional artist singing it. I didn't pick up on stumbles and you sounded great. So from an entertainment point of view it was one of the better videos I have heard/seen. It doesn't need to be the most technically challenging tune to be great...although it didn't look that easy to me.

Anyway, judging from the responses to your video plenty of people agree. Well done.

OK. We'll go along with it. I know when to back away from an angry ogre.

AcousticAl

Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:30 pm

suziko wrote:
This was really nice, Al! Your voice is good for this song and your playing sounded just great.

Great job!

Suzi

Thanks Suzi. That's the key for me... choosing a song that fits my voice.
It could easily be more of a trainwreck if the song doesn't agree with my range.

prawnpig

Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:55 am

Hey Al great job on this song really enjoyed it.
Dave

BigBear

Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:04 pm

Terrific job Al! Why did it take you so long to sing on your videos? You sing great, seriously. I truly enjoyed that video. I particularly liked your finger picking; it was perfect for this song!

Keep 'em coming Al! I love all your videos! :cheer:

BigBear

Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:14 pm

Terrific job Al! Why did it take you so long to sing on your videos? You sing great, seriously. I truly enjoyed that video. I particularly liked your finger picking; it was perfect for this song!

Keep 'em coming Al! I love all your videos! :cheer:

jcrocket

Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:30 pm

Al, that was great. You make singing while playing look incredibly easy. Your voice and vocal style fit that song perfectly, and the whole thing looked effortless.

Jeff

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic