"Come Monday" by AcousticAl (with vocals)

neverfoundthetime

Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:40 am

Great job Al! Really nice performance all round. You held back on the singing on your videos for too long, this was really good! Listened to it 3 times already. One of my favourite Buffet songs. Magic!

What's with Youtube... you probably did too good a job!
Chris

dennisg

Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:12 am

I thoroughly enjoyed it, Al -- and congratulations on finding your voice. What few glitches there may have been in your performance (and I didn't see many) will be easily ironed out with the type of practice I know you'll put into this song.

AcousticAl

Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:54 am

Chasplaya wrote:
What can I say ...but well done Al, impressive guitar and singing. Certainly see continuous improvement with each video you post.

Thanks Chas. Improvement with every upload is a great goal (but I can't guarantee it every time) B)

Thanks Daryl. I've only just recently been able to get my head around singing while playing so the wheels don't fall off. I'm not being self-deprecating when I say that until very recently, it has been very tough for me to even strum and sing at the same time.

It's funny- but when I listen to the video playback- it sounds like someone else is playing the accompaniment! Thank you TG and Target for helping me get to this point.

AcousticAl

Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:03 am

Thanks for watching Tom. Looking forward to your vocal début!

Chris- thank you. You're the most natural singers on TG, so that means a lot.
I don't know what's with youtube- but here's something hilarious-- one of the stupid ads that comes up says "3 Awful Guitar Mistakes" or something to that affect. Excellent!

Thanks Dennis. I will get this song down clean eventually. Just love to play it.

buddy

Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:20 am

Al.

This was really, really, good. Great to hear you singing more to go along with your solid guitar playing.

Bud

MarkM

Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:26 am

Al you blew me away with this song. Great job!!!! You are ready to go on the road with this baby!!

MarkM

6stringbostic

Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:41 am

dude you rock! i'm both inspired and ashamed that i haven't put up a video and i've been wanting to for months... just too busy don't wanta deal with tech issues, nervous, self-conscious the list goes on...

but enuf bout me - great job al !! - keep up the great work and keep posting

Music Junkie

Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:11 am

Al:

Very nice job. I am very impressed with your ability to fingerpick and sing. Not easy - IMHO..... B)

The others are correct about the miscues not being noticeable and that you could take it to an open mic night with much success.

Thanks so much for sharing this. One of my favorite buffet songs, and you more than did it justice..... ;)

J

AcousticAl

Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:39 am

Mark & Buddy- thanks for taking the time to check it out.

6string- I hear you. When I first starting posting vids on here, I wouldn't even show my face. Just a closeup of the guitar. NEVER would've thought of posting myself singing. Looking forward to your first video (someday).

MJ- Thanks. When's your next upload? We'd like to see the TG guitar you won IN ACTION!

neverfoundthetime

Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:46 am

Just listened again Al and it is really excellent!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic