"Come Monday" by AcousticAl (with vocals)

AcousticAl

Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:59 am

BobR wrote:
Al,

I thoroughly enjoyed both your playing and singing. If you're having trouble singing while playing it sure doesn't show in this video. A couple miscues maybe but I think you did a great job. The only negative I have is the video was a bit dark maybe to much light behind you.

Thanks for posting

Bob

Thanks Bob.

Re. the video quality- yes- bad placement on my part. Should really practice what I preach in the Techie Group. :laugh:

michelew

Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:00 am

Great performance Al. If anything, you just need to relax into it a little bit more. However, you seem pretty relaxed already. Your playing was crisp, the transitions were smooth (I had to check whether you were holding a pick), your singing suited the song and it all seemed very natural.

Great work.

Michele

AcousticAl

Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:01 am

Kevin- it really is a great tune. Sticks with you.

Marc- thanks for the compliment. I'll be sure to show my wife and daughter your post!!

AcousticAl

Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:05 am

tovo wrote:
THAT's what I'm talkin' aboot!

Al that was fantastic. You have a great voice, perfect for that tune and if there were stumbles I missed them. You could take that to an open mike and you would be asked for an encore so get one ready my man!

Really, I think the only thing left to do is gain a greater level of comfort and familiarity with the tune so that you can truly relax and deliver this great song with real feeling. It's one of the best things I have seen and heard on TG without doubt.

Bravo.

Thanks Tony. Re. my voice- as long as the song is in my range, it goes ok. Relaxing more is definitely in order though.

Don't think I'd go as far as 'one of the best things on TG'. But thanks all the same.

AcousticAl

Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:14 am

Bill- I always know you're going to give my uploads a spin, so thanks for checking it out.

Willem- Thanks.
Re. progress- yes I do feel that I'm approaching (and passing?) a big hurdle of mine. The hurdle of being able to keep the strum/beat going while I'm singing. I feel like something has clicked upstairs and it's coming easier for me- on certain songs anyways.

AcousticAl

Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:21 am

cosmicmechanic wrote:
You're on a roll, Al !
Seems you learn quite fast, and playing on camera looks comfortable for you.

Ain't that a melodious chorus ? And you can sing it like a bird :)

I agree that all you need to improve this is to continue until all (very slight) hesitations disappear.

Nice start to my day, thanks.

Pierre

Hi Pierre,

A few people have commented that they think I pick songs up fast. I guess I do- but my problem was (and still is) that I'll get the basics down and not bother to learn the whole song! Drives my wife crazy!

This upload actually highlights me approaching a few of my goals in joining TG and Target. Those being finishing a song from start to finish, and being able to sing and play at the same time.

AcousticAl

Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:27 am

Thank you Jay. Check your p.m.

Michele thank you. Your comment about me being natural is a big compliment for me. I'd like my guitar playing and singing to seem totally effortless one day. But we all know how much work goes into really getting a song down though.

Chasplaya

Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:27 am

What can I say ...but well done Al, impressive guitar and singing. Certainly see continuous improvement with each video you post.

ffsooo3

Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:17 am

Very nice. Isn't it funny how a seemingly simple sounding song turns out to be quite a challenge to do? Finger picking to strumming and back to picking while singing a melody that's just a little quirky. You did a terrific job. I especially like the control you have in your finger picking with the hammer-ons. And like others (and yourself) have said, you need to get the playing, lyrics, and melody down cold so the entire song just plays by itself.

tvarga

Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:38 am

Wow Al, that was really impressive! You're ready to play that in front of an audience! :)

I'm hoping that my next upload will be a song with singing and believe me, I know how hard that is to get right!

Well done.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic