"Come Monday" by AcousticAl (with vocals)

AcousticAl

Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:49 pm

Note to Matt: I’ll try to upload this to the student channel tomorrow—wasn’t having any luck with that today for some reason.

This vid is my next installment in trying to improve my singing while playing… “Come Monday” by Jimmy Buffet. I chose this song because it covers both fingerpicking and finger strumming. It is tough to get a smooth transition between the two. I’ve also always loved this tune.

Couple of mis-cues as is par for the course for me. B)

Thank you to Neil for doing the entire song in his Target sing-a-long segment in the lesson. Really helps.

Comments welcome as usual.

P.S. This was recorded using the Flip Cam that I won in the TG Contest (thanks again TG!).

AcousticAl

Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:07 pm

Another note-

Maybe the reason I was having problems uploading was copyright infringement?? I got an email from youtube saying something about 3rd party ownership and that I could keep the video uploaded as long as I let them put ads on it.

Slippery slope there- so Matt- you can take this video down if you want or need to. I won't be offended.

BobR

Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:09 pm

Al,

I thoroughly enjoyed both your playing and singing. If you're having trouble singing while playing it sure doesn't show in this video. A couple miscues maybe but I think you did a great job. The only negative I have is the video was a bit dark maybe to much light behind you.

Thanks for posting

Bob

dekotaj

Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:11 pm

Bravo!!Al,

Sounds great.Both singing and playing.I can see way you choose this one,love this song.Bravo!!

Kevin

Lavallee

Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:13 pm

Al, you sing very well, very impressive.

Marc

tovo

Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:29 pm

THAT's what I'm talkin' aboot!

Al that was fantastic. You have a great voice, perfect for that tune and if there were stumbles I missed them. You could take that to an open mike and you would be asked for an encore so get one ready my man!

Really, I think the only thing left to do is gain a greater level of comfort and familiarity with the tune so that you can truly relax and deliver this great song with real feeling. It's one of the best things I have seen and heard on TG without doubt.

Bravo.

haoli25

Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:54 pm

It was a pleasure to watch your video, Al. Excellent job on both the playing and singing. Thanks for posting this video.

Bill

willem

Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:00 am

Al,way to go,,that's it find songs that's written for you,,man your progress is super..
I also like this recording sound(not effected)its more naturel,,
When you go on stage!! well plug in...wow,wow,, well its thurday(for me)and you come monday..most of the time monday is a bleu day,,not any more..

cosmicmechanic

Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:25 am

You're on a roll, Al !
Seems you learn quite fast, and playing on camera looks comfortable for you.

Ain't that a melodious chorus ? And you can sing it like a bird :)

I agree that all you need to improve this is to continue until all (very slight) hesitations disappear.

Nice start to my day, thanks.

Pierre

jayswett

Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:51 am

You have that fingerpicking-strumming-fingerpicking transition nailed. The singing was great, too. Your best video yet.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic