Angelina

AndyT

Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:13 am

Tony, LOL

Daryl,

Just listening again, I'd say your main improvements are going to come from some dynamics on the strings themselves. Try playing some of the measures closer to the bridge, and some up on the neck for different sounds.

Slow it down a bit so that you can hear the notes ringing out more. You're going too fast and killing your sustain.

That and add (if possible) some sustain and frankly, you'll have it down.

willem

Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:06 am

AndyT wrote:
Tony, LOL

Daryl,

Just listening again, I'd say your main improvements are going to come from some dynamics on the strings themselves. Try playing some of the measures closer to the bridge, and some up on the neck for different sounds.

Slow it down a bit so that you can hear the notes ringing out more. You're going too fast and killing your sustain.

That and add (if possible) some sustain and frankly, you'll have it down.
YeAH RIGHT,,i think you must try some hybrid pickin,,use of a pick and your fingers,,there are some quick notes in it that you can't get with your thumb,,''Angelina'' needs hybrid pickin,,just a thought,,

ffsooo3

Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:51 am

Tammy: Thank you.

Andy: Looking forward to your video suggestions. No rush. Also, you're right - I play the song way too fast. I often will start out purposely slow but there's something about the song that makes me speed up. I don't know if it's simply the melody and/or rhythm of the song or if it's the technicality of the song that makes me not stay at one speed. I know I need to work on that aspect.

Willem: You're right too. I really need to work on hybrid picking. With it I'll be able to get the sustain that Andy's talking about. Unfortunately, hybrid picking is a VERY long term thing for me. But I WILL succeed!

Everyone: There seems to be a good amount of interest in this song. Not necessarily my playing of it - but of the song itself. It's a beautiful song! Maybe all you TARGET members can somehow influence Matt and Neil to tackle this song as a full blown lesson as they both seem to like and respect Tommy.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic