Angelina

tovo

Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:16 pm

ffsooo3 wrote:
Andy: Interesting idea. I'll play with that. Might you be interested in putting up a very quick video of a couple of "flourishes" you've stumbled upon?
I really think this idea has merit. Someone has mentioned it before and I can tell you all without meaning to cause any embarrassment to Daryl that he has done precisely that for me. He recorded a short video and made it available to help me with a tune I was working on. It was enormously helpful.

I think it would be great for you to do the same Andy, a picture is worth a thousand words as they say.

Lavallee

Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:26 pm

Hi Daryl I have not work on the song so I cannot help with the subtleties that you are looking for. However, I know enough of the song to appreciate how good it sounds. You did a fine job, nice mixture of picking , strumming and palm muting.

Great playing

Marc

Craig

Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:06 pm

Daryl,
Great job on a beautiful song. WAAAAYYYY over my head, but I'm glad you shared it. I really enjoyed watching it! I hope you keep working until you get all the little parts added to make you satisfied with it... it appears that you are really close right now.
Craig

leeson

Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:25 pm

Dude, If you are missing any subtleties, I sure as h--l didn't notice them. That was awesome! I only wish I could play like that some day.

Bill

ffsooo3

Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:46 pm

suziko wrote:
Daryl,

That was beautiful. I'd never heard that song, but I'd love to learn it, some day! I'm curious now if there's a lesson on it here at TG? I don't remember seeing one, but it's possible I overlooked it.

Really nicely done!

Suzi
Thank you. Unfortunately there is no TG lesson for the song (yet) although it is in the "request a song" area. Please do a YouTube search of "Tommy Emmanuel Angelina" you won't be sorry. Here are the YT videos that got me hooked on Tommy:

suziko

Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:57 pm

I think this is the first TE song I've heard, but I do love it. I'm generally NOT a big fan of guitar instrumentals (at the risk of annoying some people, they often seem, to me, a little too show-off-y) but I liked this one, with its syncopated rhythm (at least it seems syncopated to me!) and kind of laid-back feel. It's one of the few instrumentals (along with Windy and Warm and Busted Down Around O'Connelly's Corner) that has grabbed me. I'll cross my fingers for a lesson on it!

Suzi

ffsooo3

Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:04 pm

Marc, Craig, & Bill: Thank you.

Suzi: Please check out more of Tommy's videos. You'll love them. Try: Michelle, Over the Rainbow, Morning Aire, Saltwater, Amazing Grace, Just an Old Fashion Love Song, Waltzing Matilda. There are just so many good ones......

wammer

Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:29 pm

Daryl,

Wow that was stunning................I can only hope that one day .........one day maybe!!!!!!!!!! :unsure:

Tammy

AndyT

Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:54 am

I just got home from work and I have a full day tomorrow, but I'll be working on something to film for you. Hopefully I'll have it ready by Friday.

Tony,
I've done example vids before. They not only helped the person I shot them for, but they helped me as well. In getting them ready, I had to really master the subject.

tovo

Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:56 am

AndyT wrote:
I just got home from work and I have a full day tomorrow, but I'll be working on something to film for you. Hopefully I'll have it ready by Friday.

Tony,
I've done example vids before. They not only helped the person I shot them for, but they helped me as well. In getting them ready, I had to really master the subject.
That's great Andy.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic