Angelina

AndyT

Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:19 pm

Daryl,

Simply beautiful.

Look at your harmonics. You are getting some dead notes in them. Some more practice on that would be good. I think that's going to be your main stopper at this point. The rest is just getting it all down and then start playing with it. Add a flourish here, a frill there... That kind of thing.

ffsooo3

Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:45 pm

Tony: Thank you for the kind words.

Buddy: Thank you. It would be nice to have some comment from Neil but I understand why he wouldn't. His time should be spent on the paying members.

Andy: Thank you. I think my harmonics would be better and crisper if I could use a pick. Since I don't (or can't in this case) I'll have to focus more on my technique - but by the time I get to the outro I'm "exhausted". And adding a flourish here and a frill there is easy for you to say! :woohoo: But really hard for me - frills and flourishes just don't come naturally. :( I think that's the kind of help I'm looking for in this song. Where is that note I'm missing? Or I should say where are all those notes I'm missing?

AndyT

Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:52 pm

I think a good way to practice adding frills and flourishes would be to spend time creating some. Strum a chord then find 3 or 4 notes that you can add to the end of it that not only sound good, but enhance the chord itself. After you've created 2 or 3 for each chord you know you should have no problem adding them into Angelina.

michelew

Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:58 pm

Daryl,

That was amazing. It sounded beautiful, felt groovy (as Chris said) and looked really difficult. The harmonics section, was ... impossible looking, wow.

No advice from me, just awe.

Amazing.

Michele

ffsooo3

Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:05 pm

Andy: Interesting idea. I'll play with that. Might you be interested in putting up a very quick video of a couple of "flourishes" you've stumbled upon?

Michele: I'm stunned and speechless - and blushing too! :blush: Thank you!

dennisg

Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:39 pm

Absolutely fantastic, Daryl. That's the kind of thing I can only dream of playing.

I'll be interested in seeing how Andy helps you to flesh it out.

ffsooo3

Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:15 pm

Dennis: Thank you. But I'm sure you could play it. Start with the intro, it's only 4 measures long and basically just repeats the 1st measure. Actually, getting the into down gave me a HUGE sense of accomplishment. I then started to tackle the outro. It's really only 4 measures long as well (with a final fancy measure of a D chord at the end). It's all the other stuff between the intro and outro that's truly amazing. Give it a try (please).

suziko

Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:34 pm

Daryl,

That was beautiful. I'd never heard that song, but I'd love to learn it, some day! I'm curious now if there's a lesson on it here at TG? I don't remember seeing one, but it's possible I overlooked it.

Really nicely done!

Suzi

AndyT

Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:38 pm

Daryl,

I've sent you a PM. Please send me the tab and I'll be happy to do what I can.

wiley

Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:08 pm

Well I have to agree with all the others, you did very well! And as everybody else I'd love to help, I don't know if I can though... Would be nice to hear some advice from the master himself ;) ! Is there also any chance that you could send me the tabs? Never heard of the song, but it's lovely, would really like to give it a go myself!

All the best! Vanessa

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic