Another one from the "Never say Never" list!!

willem

Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:18 am

AcousticAl wrote:
When it rains, it POURS!

Turns out there's a kind-of music night at the school as well. It's a venue for the music club to get up and show their stuff.
The teacher says it's sometimes tough to get the ball rolling, so I was asked (through my wife) if I'd be into playing there too!
I just got my head around the first idea- now this??

Here's the thing though-- I told my wife she'd have to sing if I did it.

We'll either have a great time- or get divorced.

Will keep you posted.
Maybe it's a idea to get Tammy around as well,,you both will do great,,,,and gives each other strengt,,,and a few songs is enough to get the Ball rolling..

6stringbostic

Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:50 pm

awesome al! what a great motivation!

i like tovo's idea for set list.

since "hit me baby one more time" isn't a target song (yet!), here is what i'm using to figure out how to play it...

good luck!

AcousticAl

Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:32 am

6stringbostic wrote:
awesome al! what a great motivation!

i like tovo's idea for set list.

since "hit me baby one more time" isn't a target song (yet!), here is what i'm using to figure out how to play it...

good luck!

Well I wasn't expecting THAT in the clip!
Would've been better if they were wearing Brittney's schoolgirl outfit though.
:laugh:

AcousticAl

Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:42 pm

So, the music night was LAST NIGHT! This was the show for the music students at my wife's high school to get up and show their stuff. The original idea was that I (or me and my wife) would be one of the first to get up on stage and get the ball rolling. Turns out they didn't need any encouragement. There was a list a page long by the time we got there-- so we added our names to it!

We did two songs- I played guitar and my wife sang. "Stolen Houses" by Iron & Wine and "Blackbird". We had our daughter tape it with my still camera (it can do video)-- but the audio setting was turned OFF!! And not even on purpose! Guess we'll have to tape it NEXT TIME! ;)

I have to say, we really found it great to perform together. So much so that she said she might want to record some songs using my gear at home. She's never been that interested in my recording capabilities, but she is now!

At the risk of repeating myself... never say never.

AcousticAl

Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:22 pm

BTW- here's a link to 'Stolen Houses' by Iron & Wine for those that are interested. Great quick little song that you might want to give a whirl. Dead easy fingerpicking pattern that I had a really tough time with for some reason! I'm good with it now though. :)

You can see the chords/fingerings in this vid.

jayswett

Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:30 pm

Never heard that song. Loved it, though.

AcousticAl

Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:41 pm

jayswett wrote:
Never heard that song. Loved it, though.

It's nice, eh Jay?

I added a 2nd video where you can see Sam playing it live.

jayswett

Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:04 pm

Thanks Al. That second video helped me learn that beautiful song. I'd love it if you made a video of you and your wife playing/singing it.

d_dog

Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:04 am

Very cool Al, I hadn't seen this thread till just now. Very cool, so sad there was no audio. Looking forward to next time.

AcousticAl

Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:52 am

jayswett wrote:
Thanks Al. That second video helped me learn that beautiful song. I'd love it if you made a video of you and your wife playing/singing it.

I uploaded our version to a new thread.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic