Another one from the "Never say Never" list!!

Craig

Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:10 pm

Al,
I think that's awesome! With your knowledge of technology and playing ability, you'll do great. I've been a high school teacher for over 20 years, trust me, they will appreciate someone who takes the time to come in and talk to them and teach them something. Have fun!
Craig

Music Junkie

Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:42 pm

Al:

REPRESENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have come so far that this will be just another drop in the bucket for ya. Good luck, and have fun with it.

J

tovo

Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:03 pm

Al that's great mate. Try not to confuse the kids with all your gadgets.

Here's your set list:

1. Schools out
2. Another Brick in the Wall
3. Hit me baby one more time (make sue you record that one)
4. Time of your life (Good riddance)

buddy

Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:01 pm

Al,

You will do great ! Knock them dead.

Bud

Lavallee

Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:04 pm

buddy wrote:
Al,

You will do great ! Knock them dead.

Bud
Not sure if it is still legal to do that to the students nowadays!

Marc

michelew

Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:05 pm

You'll be GREAT Al. Just be yourself.

If you're taking a lap top with you or there's a computer there (which I assume there will need to be to introduce them to TG properly), why don't you tell them about your guitar journey and all the ways in which you've improved since joining TG. You could show them your first video and then your last one.

Remember they're just people who probably don't realize how little they really know yet. But, I'm sure they'll love you and your playing as much as we do.

Go spread the gospel!

Break a leg!

Michele

AcousticAl

Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:00 pm

Thanks for everyone's comments. I'll be sure to let you know how it goes... Won't be for a while anyways. Don't know about videoing it though. Maybe if I get invited back!

Chasplaya

Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:49 pm

Good on ya mate for taking up the challenge. Videoing first time up might not be a plan, you all know how we are first time the camera goes on, teens likely play up or go shy on ya.

I think it will open their eyes to see the diversity of tastes and genres on this site and to know that the average age is generally up there, and the fact most of us regret not taking the opportunities offered when we were younger, they won't listen to that bit anyway, I mean what do you know lol!!

Break a leg mate.

neverfoundthetime

Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:07 am

Out-source heo videoing to the class teacher in the background. Kids are youtube freaks, they'll love it and not be so aware of it. No added pressure on you AL... what's more frightening a room full of teenagers 3 feet away or all your TG friends cheering for you? You will have a blast.

AcousticAl

Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:11 am

When it rains, it POURS!

Turns out there's a kind-of music night at the school as well. It's a venue for the music club to get up and show their stuff.
The teacher says it's sometimes tough to get the ball rolling, so I was asked (through my wife) if I'd be into playing there too!
I just got my head around the first idea- now this??

Here's the thing though-- I told my wife she'd have to sing if I did it.

We'll either have a great time- or get divorced.

Will keep you posted.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic