Father and son,,,,,dynamics?????

willem

Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:32 am

Great song is'nt it..i have some sheet music from this song and i know there is a fathers and son part so to say and these parts are a kind of diffrent in lets say expression,,when i look to the sheet music i see the two parts have the same melody,,only the first part has the dynamic mp and the second (son) has mf,,so this looks like you have to sing only diffrent in volume??? i alway's thought they were diffrent melody's or octave jumping,,,so i like to have some thinking from the community...

Is my sheet music right????

tombo1230

Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:12 am

Hi Willem, the son verses use a Bm7 in place of the D/F# as in the Father verses, this is meant to be softer than the fathers verse, so dynamically it would be expressed in a lesser way. is this what you mean? Or am I off track?

Tom N.

Music Junkie

Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:21 am

Hi Willem!

Well there is an octave between the two voices in there, so singing the melody an octave higher requires mf You can't sing that one softly, not when you're a male, haha! So yes, the dynamics go from a bit soft to a bit loud and the voices are an octave apart.

Is that the answer to your question?

Ness

willem

Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:24 am

tombo1230 wrote:
Hi Willem, the son verses use a Bm7 in place of the D/F# as in the Father verses, this is meant to be softer than the fathers verse, so dynamically it would be expressed in a lesser way. is this what you mean? Or am I off track?

Tom N.
Thanks for responding Tom,,,i know the diffrent in chords,,you say the son part is expressed in a lesser way,,my music sheet tells its more ( mf louder? and when i look to the melody it is the same as the fathers part, (but over a diffrent chord) so the sheet tells me that the fathers part is lesser in expression then the son part.

willem

Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:28 am

nesh16041972 wrote:
Hi Willem!

Well there is an octave between the two voices in there, so singing the melody an octave higher requires mf You can't sing that one softly, not when you're a male, haha! So yes, the dynamics go from a bit soft to a bit loud and the voices are an octave apart.

Ness
I think so Vanessa,,,but the sheet did'nt tell but i understand you completly,,a male as to belt the high notes,,,, :laugh: B)

tombo1230

Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:38 am

willem wrote:
tombo1230 wrote:

Tom N.
Thanks for responding Tom,,,i know the diffrent in chords,,you say the son part is expressed in a lesser way,,my music sheet tells its more ( mf louder? and when i look to the melody it is the same as the fathers part, (but over a diffrent chord) so the sheet tells me that the fathers part is lesser in expression then the son part.
ok Willem, sorry, new one was louder, remembered it wrong. :blush: :) Sorry, I'm distracted/engrossed, watching the football match on tv :)

tombo1230

Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:54 am

Well the thing with sheets is, you always need to check if it's accurate.....what can you do?! I know I put quite an amount of work in doing that as well as checking tabs, you just need to use your ears as well wich isn't always easy of course. So don't always take sheetmusic too seriously, they can be right but the opposite happens a lot too..

So can we expect a Father and Son-video of you? :P

willem wrote:
nesh16041972 wrote:
Hi Willem!

Ness
I think so Vanessa,,,but the sheet did'nt tell but i understand you completly,,a male as to belt the high notes,,,, :laugh: B)

thereshopeyet

Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:06 am

Thanks

willem

Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:21 pm

thereshopeyet wrote:
Vanessa Wrote:
melody an octave higher requires mf You can't sing that one softly, not when you're a male, haha!
You'd better watch Vanessa Willem.... she might cut out some parts.... to raise you that octave!

Ouch!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: That would be the solution and belt it out..... :woohoo:

willem

Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:40 pm

Hahaha, you guys are hilarious and terrible as well! :laugh:

willem wrote:
thereshopeyet wrote:
Vanessa Wrote:
melody an octave higher requires mf You can't sing that one softly, not when you're a male, haha!
You'd better watch Vanessa Willem.... she might cut out some parts.... to raise you that octave!

Ouch!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: That would be the solution and belt it out..... :woohoo:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic