what would you change on the lyrics of this writings,,is it right englisch??

willem

Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:21 am

Thanks Dermot,,this is what i mean with changing the lyrics(is it more native now??)( or something like that) and when i read it and think a bit of the dutch words i think the feeling is in it..well they could understand the dutch song..i see if it is to sing with the new words,,i like it.. Image

neverfoundthetime

Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:20 am

Wow Dermot, that is great, that definitely sounds more like it! :cheer:

Thanks for the link as well, it has been a while since I've watched him sing this song in concert! And you're right, so many háppy people!

It was thé summerhit in 1995! I don't think there was anyone who wouldn't sing along when hearing this song even if you didn't like it, haha! I remember on Queen's day walking around Amsterdam on the Leidseplein hearing this song, it was soooooo crowded there and éverywhere I looked I could see people singing along and Guus and the band weren't even there, I thought it was amazing that someone was able to create such a song that has thát kind of effect on people!

Thanks for the happy memories! :)

Ness

skaladar

Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:15 am

Wow, I obviously didn’t understand a word in the video clip but the crowd’s reaction and the look on their faces speaks volumes!

♫ Ken ♫

thereshopeyet

Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:48 pm

Willem

Thanks for the song.... I like it. :)

Vanessa Wrote:
I looked I could see people singing along and Guus and the band weren't even there
Maybe they were all looking the wrong way...... made you look too ha ha!

Ken
It's true just watching the folk ...... a picture paints a thousand words........:)

tombo1230

Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:19 pm

You were right Willem. this i a great tune!

So who's going to sing it in English?

Tom N.

willem

Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:12 am

tombo1230 wrote:
You were right Willem. this i a great tune!

So who's going to sing it in English?

Tom N.

Hi Tom,,glad you agree,,,i can sent you the sheet music with the dutch words and then i would love a performence by you,,,maybe,maybe we can do a long distance collaboration and where you do a piece Englisch and i a piece Dutch and on some places togehter,,you Englisch and i Dutch..

Oh everyone may this pick up if you like the idea..

tombo1230

Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:07 am

Hi Willem, initially I thought I really don't have the time for this with all my other commitments, then I thought hey, this might be fun! PM me and I will let you know where to send the music and lyrics. No promises yet, but I will have a look at it and we will see. You could include lots of people and it would be truely international.

Tom N.

willem

Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:51 am

tombo1230 wrote:
Hi Willem, initially I thought I really don't have the time for this with all my other commitments, then I thought hey, this might be fun! PM me and I will let you know where to send the music and lyrics. No promises yet, but I will have a look at it and we will see. You could include lots of people and it would be truely international.

Tom N.

Thats great Tom,,i let you know in time 'cos i also have to figure out something in case the song and lyrics,,i heard an ENGLISCH version of it but not really combine it with the words that are up here,,and i have to win some good
information and thats not really for me but more for you,,i have a GPRO TAB from the accompaniment but i want to add the melody also in.. i can sent you this(without melody) if you have Gpro or in pdf..so i pm you..

willem

Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:50 pm

Oke Tom,,wish you luck and happy playing,,i know it is fast but slow down a tad....

cheers Willem

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic