Thanks to MattB

Chasplaya

Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:22 am

TGMattB wrote:
I'm so glad it helped. Keep rockin. I hope to get out of this red zone some time in the not-too-distant future and ship some more modern rock to all you rockers. Please keep the prayers, thoughts, and vibes coming. Times they are a crazy. Peace!
Mate so pleased you could make the effort to come here and post a comment. Just you concentrate on getting well that's the main thing; we will be here for you hollering for ya and all sorts of things whatever we do around the world mate we are thinking of ya. Be good

Chas

jayswett

Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:33 am

BobR wrote:
Hi Jay,

Glad you had a good open mic. You're only about an hour and a half from me. When you do another open mic it would be great to be there.

MattB, remember you're always in my prayers. Stay strong.

Bob
The Open Mic night in Exeter is every 2nd Thursday of the month, although there is some talk about putting it on every other Thursday as it is becoming quite popular, which is obviously a good thing. I would love to have you come up for it, although an hour and a half seems like a long drive for it. I would think that there is something closer to your home, but I will add that the open mic night near my home is low key, relaxed, supportive, and not at all intimidating, so it is a good one in which to get started. Let me know if you have an interest in doing something together. Generally, I don't sing, but have a couple of people who seem to enjoy singing for me. It seems to work out well.

jayswett

Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:39 am

TGMattB wrote:
I'm so glad it helped. Keep rockin. I hope to get out of this red zone some time in the not-too-distant future and ship some more modern rock to all you rockers. Please keep the prayers, thoughts, and vibes coming. Times they are a crazy. Peace!
To say that your lesson helped me is the understatement of the century. You might be interested to know that one of the other songs we did was a Foo Fighters song "Stranger Things Have Happened", which I suspect you know and like. I, too, will be looking forward to more of your lessons. You are an inspiration to many here on TG, and no doubt in your community as well.

jayswett

Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:42 am

tovo wrote:
Hey Jay,

Did you take any footage? Would be great to see.

Congratulations on progressing to the open mic. That's awesome.

What Budster said regarding Matt.
No footage of the event, sadliy, but for the future, I'm thinking that it would be a simple thing to arrange.

jayswett

Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:49 am

Craig wrote:
Jay,
Congratulations on your open mic night! It sounds like it went well. Please give us some more details. Songs played, nerves, etc...
Craig
Regarding nerves, I can happily say that I am much, much less nervous now than when I started this open mic night thing in December. There have been 8 open mic nights at this venue, and I have played at 7 of them. As one might expect, with practice and experience comes a sense of familiarity and calmness. This is not to say that I am a picture of serenity onstage, because I am still nervous as hell; just alot LESS nervous than I was several months ago.

thereshopeyet

Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:28 pm

Thanks

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic