Open Mic Night

MarkM

Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:50 pm

Congratulations you two!!!!!!! Great job and I'm as green as Tony's avatar with envy in that I wasn't able to particpate with you.

MarkM

jayswett

Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:24 pm

Thanks everyone for the encouragement. Mark amd Marc, the location for this open mic was different than the one you attended when each of you were here months ago. I hope you guys can make it back some day.

jayswett

Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:17 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Rock solid pickin' Jay. Great to see you standing there where you said you wanted to be 2 years ago... a man of his word!
WHo was singing for you?
The guy singing was a buddy of mine who showed up just to watch. He's actually a drummer for a local band, and I asked him if he wanted to come upt to sing for me. We rehearsed it once in a back room prior to playing it together. I just listened to it again and heard a spectator comment that too much Pink Floyd was being played. I'm not sure that's possible, but even if it is, I would have loved to play Nobody's Home as well. My time was up, though. Thanks to Bob for recording it.

Lavallee

Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:27 pm

jayswett wrote:
Thanks everyone for the encouragement. Mark amd Marc, the location for this open mic was different than the one you attended when each of you were here months ago. I hope you guys can make it back some day.
Jay what is the name of the place?

Marc
PS banner leaving tomorrow

jayswett

Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:32 am

Lavallee wrote:
jayswett wrote:
Jay what is the name of the place?

Marc
PS banner leaving tomorrow
Shooter's Pub.

Chasplaya

Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:18 pm

Great job both. I take my hat off to you as it must be quite daunting. What annoys me with some open mics is that people chat right through your performance, they should give their undivided attention don't they know class acts when they see them.

Bravo

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic