TG Lessons; poss improvements

tex8612

Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:25 am

Thanks, Jim. I have noodled around with the 'Beginners Genius" part of the site, but have also wandered around in other parts of the site. I agree that anything labeled "Beginners ..." is a good place to start. How did you find the Hector Garcia thing? Sounds rather obscure, but also sounds very interesting. I'll have to find it and take a look at it. I also have the guitar near at hand when I'm back in my "Man Room," and pick it up throughout the day to practice chords on, etc. Thanks for your comments. Al

tex8612

Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:30 am

Hi, Chris. You're right, not a native Texican. Originally from No Dak, but that's too obscue for a handle and doesn't excite the emotions likes Texas does (ha).

I agree that the site is great, and am finding that everyone is very welcoming. I am dinking around with the beginners course and have tried a few lessons. My next hurdles are barre chords, plus the B chord and the aptly named F chord.

Regards the bumper sticker question, you need to be aware that the new mantra for retired people is, "What day is it?" Ha!

Thanks for your encouragement, Chris!

Al

dsmarion

Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:56 am

tex8612 wrote:
Hi, Chris. You're right, not a native Texican. Originally from No Dak, but that's too obscue for a handle and doesn't excite the emotions likes Texas does (ha).

I agree that the site is great, and am finding that everyone is very welcoming. I am dinking around with the beginners course and have tried a few lessons. My next hurdles are barre chords, plus the B chord and the aptly named F chord.

Regards the bumper sticker question, you need to be aware that the new mantra for retired people is, "What day is it?" Ha!

Thanks for your encouragement, Chris!

Al
My mom always tells me "Every day is Saturday"! LOL

Scott

jimlard

Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:27 pm

tex8612 wrote:
Thanks, Jim. I have noodled around with the 'Beginners Genius" part of the site, but have also wandered around in other parts of the site. I agree that anything labeled "Beginners ..." is a good place to start. How did you find the Hector Garcia thing? Sounds rather obscure, but also sounds very interesting. I'll have to find it and take a look at it. I also have the guitar near at hand when I'm back in my "Man Room," and pick it up throughout the day to practice chords on, etc. Thanks for your comments. Al
Hello Tex, I had trouble finding the Hector Garcia lesson myself but I soon found my way around (with some help from others :) ) If you click on 'Lessons' which is in the box on the left hand side of the screen, then just scroll down the list of lessons (the names of the artists are in alphabetical order) until you come to 'H', you'll see Hector Garcia there with the list of his lessons underneath, the right hand studies is the fifth lesson down the list.
I struggled for years trying to learn from a book, I can say that i've learnt more on this site within a month. There is ( or are?)such a friendly bunch here that have been really quick to help with any problems that I have encountered.
I found 'A horse with no name' by America was a good song to start with(in the free lesson section). It uses two easy chords and I found it great to get to grips with strumming.
I am now learning 'House of the rising sun' which is a lot more challenging for me, lots of bad chord changes, buzzing strings and gnashing of teeth, I'm slowly getting to grips with it though.

Cheers
Jim

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic