Suzi's secret life as...... a rock star??

lueders

Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:17 pm

Suzi,

I'd like to start of for apologizing!! I have read the post at least a couple of times...and at last, today I find that I FINALLY have ample time to reply & to organize my thoughts/reply a bit...(long story, short- Homecoming Week... Freshman class float building and a ga- zillion other thngs! It sure can be fun but geez..)

I AM SO VERY proud of you & SO, SO completely happy for you! It sounds like you had so much fun and you must have done really, really well! ( I'm sure the cast of characters here @ TG all feel the same way about your exploits.) :) :) :) :) :) :)

I loved reading this post. You are such a great writer too! I felt like I was there! (I would have totally wanted to be your "E with A" roadie.)

I'm like everyone else here, in that I am dying to see & hear the video!!!

* Sounds like within the group, you had to call on your compromising/ peer mediation skills a time or two ... he, he LOL!( abilities that I've gathered you posses in abundance.) :laugh:

Chasplaya

Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:19 pm

HI Suzi, Just got around to reading of your exploits, what a fantastic experience it must have been. Very courageous too I might add, really getting out of a comfort zone by all accounts. I take my hat off to you well done! And yup the video is a must and I'm joining Chris and commencing a sit-in till its posted, could mean callouses elsewhere I gather though lol

RicksPick

Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:25 am

So cool Thanks for sharing

Hope you do an unpluged version

RicksPick
Joined the sit in

suziko

Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:57 am

Really glad you all enjoyed my write-up! Thanks especially for all the kind words about my writing style.

Marc- yes, I would say that after the first chorus I think I let go a bit more inside. But from talking to the friends of mine who were at the performance, it sounds like my stage fright was fairly well-hidden. Everyone seemed to think I wasn't nervous at all! So, the lesson is, no matter how you feel inside, just smile. Oh, and maybe bang your head. That hides most things. Especially if you have long hair.

Suzi

PS Oh, and i wanted to tell everyone that I DID "throw the horns" while on stage. I did not, however, do the Gene Simmons tongue.

haoli25

Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:49 pm

Late to the party again. Suzi, I enjoyed reading about your experience soooooo much. You have nerves of steel, woman. You ARE and have been for quite awhile, a ROCK STAR on TG. Thanks for sharing.

Bill

AcousticAl

Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:51 pm

I thought if I waited long enough there would be a video to comment on. :(

Very happy for you, Suzi. Was a huge leap of faith and it paid off.

To quote Chris when he commented on one of my uploads, "Those that dare- WIN"!!

suziko

Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:05 am

Hey everyone! Well, I promised to post a few pics from my performance, and I just got the disc in the mail yesterday. Here they are! I included the last one because I had several pictures of me making this sort of face. I've decided this is my "guitar face." Good to know.

Image Image Image

reiver

Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:19 am

Great pics, Sue - looks like you were having a great time. Nice to see that you got your "guitar face" on - every rock star needs one of them!

Stuart

neverfoundthetime

Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:19 am

You've just gotta love that guitar face (well spotted Stuart).... it should be your avatar.

You've got one up on me Suzi... I've never played an E-guitar on a stage... or anywhere else for that matter!

Great pics.... but still waiting for the video! Image

BobR

Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:27 am

Hi Suzi,

Thanks for posting the pics. Looks like you're really rockin' it. I love the "guitar face" so cool :woohoo:

Bob

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic