Singing Beatle harmonies

daryl

Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:20 am

Hopefully some of you at TG love the Beatles (and their harmonies) as much as I do....

Chris turned me on to this guy and I just had to share this guy with my friends at TG.

How does this guy hear all these different voices? He must have a fantastic ear to be able to tease apart all those beautiful tight harmonies. Enjoy....

Because

It Won't Be Long

You Won't See Me

Sgt Pepper Reprise

willem

Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:28 am

Great Daryl,,i like this kind of vids and i am sure they gonna do Beatles tunes on TV and explain the close harmonie,,what i know now is that each part is a third away from each other and most of them are in the chords for example C-chord the notes are C-E-G,,so when the melody starts on E you have to search the harmonie parts on C and G..
when the parts fall together you hear a chord,,,

cosmicmechanic

Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:43 am

Oh yes, définitely enjoyed that, thanks Daryl!! :)

neverfoundthetime

Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:46 am

I'm glad you are enjoying him Daryl! His enthusiasm is contagious and I just love the Robert-Benigni-meets-the-Beatles-feel to the whole mix! It's amazing what he can do... and you are right about the hearing part... I cannot hear like that.

tombo1230

Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:49 am

This is interesting Daryl. From what I have seen and experienced some singers and musicians have great ears, they can just pick that kind of thing out. The guitarists and I'm sure we all know at least one, who can sit and work out where the chords and melody are on the guitar without having it written down, are the kind of people who can do this kind of thing. I've honestly seen this often. I am still amazed at Claire, she can do this with ease. I am not sure how much of this is natural talent and how much is training. I wrote out a chart last year for a semi pro guitarist friend showing him how to transpose from key to key. He is an amazing guitarist, but doesn't have an ounce of theory, he doesn't even read tabs, what he does have though is a great set of ears. I think this is key (pun intended). :)

Tom N.

thereshopeyet

Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:17 pm

Thanks

MarkM

Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:46 pm

Pretty neat stuff there Daryl. I quite enjoyed this. I just wish I could put this to practice.

MarkM

daryl

Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:50 pm

MarkM wrote:
Pretty neat stuff there Daryl. I quite enjoyed this. I just wish I could put this to practice.

MarkM
Me too. :( :( :( :(

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic