Sharing a performance at a special occasion.....!

TGNesh

Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:05 pm

Hi TG-friends! :)

Here and there I do perform in public, usually for special occasions and this one was special indeed, no less. Friends of mine, who were planning their wedding day, asked me to play during their wedding cerenomy (of course, that's no big deal at all, just a couple's most important day/moment!! :ohmy: ), which I've never done before. Trust me, I was scared sh#%tless :ohmy: :blink: (quote from Stephen Stills at Woodstock).

They chose two songs, which I performed on synthesizer and guitar. I turned the second one, 'Your Rocky Spine' into a TG-lesson two weeks ago, but gosh how badly did I play it at this occasion :( . I missed quite a few hammerons......$#%@$#%#$...funny enough I was actually quite relaxed by that time (I used a plectrum this time and played in Drop D)......still.....well it didn't really matter, I still had fun (which you can see I guess) and thankfully the audience and happy couple loved it anyway! (if they only knew.....pffffff.... :S )

Anyway, I thought it'd be nice to share it here at TG, since it was indeed really special for me....hope you'll enjoy it as well! :)

Ness

Edit: Btw....the location was a huge shed!! :laugh: The bride grew up on a farm, they thought it'd be nice to get married there too, i thought it was an awesome location!! :cheer: Also, this little town where it's located, it's called 'Nes'...haha! :P

Dark Roman Wine by Snow Patrol

Your Rocky Spine by Great Lake Swimmers

michelew

Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:45 pm

Nessa,

You gave me goosebumps, tugged on my heart strings and made me smile BIG time. I can only imagine how wonderful it must have been to see and hear you in person. Berthina and Dion are lucky to have a friend as sweet and talented as you to help make their special day ever better.

You're awesome and a real sweetie.

Shel

thereshopeyet

Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:07 pm

Vanessa that was great.

I wouldn't have the nerve to attempt anything in front of anyone.

You rock for sure.

Dermot

:)

familyman4

Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:14 pm

Now they're naming a town after you!!! :)

That was wonderful!!! So wonderful!!! I love every bit of it and I am sure your friends will remember you being a part of their special day forever. :woohoo: :woohoo:

Thank you very much for sharing this with us. It was a pleasure to watch it and listen to you. (As always)

I also loved the location! The "shed" sounds like a perfect location for the ceremony...

Thanks you again for sharing your experiance with us, it was great!!!!
Bart

familyman4

Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:16 pm

BTW, Michelle,
I love the new doggie picture for your avitar! Every week you are changing it :) :) :)

familyman4

Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:20 pm

One more thing to mention.... I listened again with headphones on and it was even more AWESOME!

tombo1230

Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:39 pm

Superb!!! Great performance, your friends were so lucky to have you perform for them. Awesome!!! I know this word has been used already a few times, but it best describes what you did here. :) Well done!

Tom N.

BobR

Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:43 pm

Hi Vanessa,

Thanks for sharing yours and your friends special moment. Very fine performance and I didn't miss the hammer ons :laugh: you did a great job

Bob

Chasplaya

Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:15 pm

tgvanessa wrote:
I was scared sh#%tless :ohmy: :blink: (quote from Stephen Stills at Woodstock).
How cool was that and to quote Neil Young from his ranch ' More Barn!' If you don't get that go here for an explanation http://www.morebarn.org/

And pfff whats a few hammer-ons between friends :laugh:

Thanks for sharing Ness

Music Junkie

Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:25 pm

Ness:

That was pretty darn awesome. I would have been scared sh**less myself, but you pulled it off rather nicely, I thought. You looked very comfortable and sounded brilliant. Thanks for sharing that with us, and congrats to the happy couple... :)

The setting for the reception was very cool. The "shack" looks like a nice rustic setting. You are quite the talent, and the energy and feeling always show through... B)

Jason

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic