Sharing a performance at a special occasion.....!

willem

Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:31 am

Awesome,,,fine job Vanessa,,,great tunes also,,I missed a few hammer-ons but thats all..lol.. :laugh:

Did you play more at that day??

I saw your nervousNESS but that was all gone after the first notes and the huge smile...

Willem

daryl

Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:18 am

Very nice. You didn't look nervous to me. In fact, you seemed quite comfortable up there. And I didn't notice the missed hammer-ons either. Thanks for sharing!

suziko

Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:23 am

These were great, Nessa! You looked totally comfortable and sounded wonderful (as always). What a lovely, thoughtful gift you gave to your friends for their wedding. And what a cool location!!

Suzi

auntlynnie

Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:06 am

wow! That was wonderful!
Thank you so much for posting this. I loved it!
Lynn

neverfoundthetime

Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:54 pm

Very nice! Special moments.

BigBear

Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:24 pm

Ness- You are truly amazing!! So well done. A couple of questions:

1. Is it typical to play English language songs at Dutch weddings? Do all the guests understand the lyrics? Do you ever sing those same song translated into Dutch?

2. Did you learn to play the piano or guitar first? You seem so comfortable with both.

Great job! Can't wait to meet you soon at IGC!

Cheers!! :cheer:

lueders

Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:47 pm

Vanessa!! :) :) :)

You're so incredibly talented. :ohmy: :)
You we're taking about the flubs or whatever but i didn't notice either.
I was too busy listening to your voice and noticing your nice smile. :)
But mostly as you played I was thinking to myself, geez I wonder how many push-ups Gymnast-Vanessa can do these days...lots of disco I presume. :) Looking pretty buff there! ;)

P.S.How long was this up? Another one that I am sorry I missed. (teaching at a new school...been kinda busy)

TGNesh

Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:29 pm

Gosh.....absolutely LOVED to read all your comments guys and gals!! :blush: :kiss: :cheer: B)

Michele: I've made you smile BIG??! Mission accomplished!! :cheer: ;) :P That's so great to hear Shel, it would have been awesome if you were there! :cheer: Thanks so much!!

Dermot: Thank you Dermot! I'm more than content with 'rock for sure' :cheer: :P

Familyman: Bart, what a sweet man you are!! :kiss: Haha, a town named after me, well it was absolutely a major coincedence :P So glad you liked it, I think I know what you mean with headphones, especially the synthesizer-sound, 'French Horns' did the trick, I do very much like the sound of it. And 'Your Rocky Spine' is just a fun song to play, the audience was really great too, lots of smiling faces looking back at me, too cool!! :) Thanks again Bart! :)

Tom: Aaaaah smiling, smiling, smiling!! :) :cheer: :) :cheer: Thanks so much Tom, just loved reading your comment!!

Bob: You didn't miss the hammer-ons?? :laugh: :laugh: Phew!! :blink: :P Thanks Bob, great to hear from you!

Chas: Haha! 'what are a few hammer-ons between friends' made me crack up!! :laugh: :laugh: You're SO right of course! Loved the 'more barn'-story too, thanks so much Chas!! :)

Jason: Hey MJ! :) I'm telling you, the evening before a friend offered me a valeriaan-pill, since I was over the top nervous :S :blink: :side: . In the morning, I thought, 'now gét over it, just freaking dó this'! Well it helped a bit, thankfully the soundcheck went pretty smoothly, I'm always worried the most about the sound....whatever you do, if the sound ain't right, then......^$%#$@#$.....something like that. So eventually, oh well.....it went fine enough! ;) I absolutely loved the setting and location too, so cool! Thanks Jason, really appreciate it!

Willem: Haha, yeah nervousNess was absolutely there!! :blink: And the missing hammer-ons too, I cringe when I watch it. :S But it was fun, I had fun, the audience was smiling and despite everything, to me there is no such thrill as performing, I just love it :woohoo: ! And no, i didn't play any more, I was asked though, but things turned out differently, I was just fine with that, just wanted to relax after all the stress. Btw the local band was really good!

Daryl: You didn't miss them, GREAT!! :silly: Well it is nice to hear that I 'look' comfortable up there, I think I am in some ways, since I just love what I do. It's just not without stress beforehand, which I believe is a good thing (not over the top stress of course), not sure how to explain in english, but maybe you know what I mean. Thanks Daryl, glad you liked it!

Suzi: Aaah Sue, great to hear from you! Like I mentioned to Daryl, am glad that I 'look' comfortable, it's no good for an audience to see what I really felt, gosh..... :blink: :P It does make my voice ánd hands shaky, but i guess it's not too obvious. Thanks so much!!

Lynn: Thank you very very much Lynn, really loved to read your comment!! Really pleased that you've enjoyed those, thanks again!

Chris: Yep, absolutely special moments, I just LOVE music for that matter, it connects in a major way. Thanks Chris! :)

BigBear: Hey Bear! Your questions, well the dutch are just very american/english orientated. We learn english at school, it's all over tv all the time, so most dutchies speak english well enough, except for maybe the older generations. So at such an occasion, it is totally normal to hear or perform songs in english. Most people do understand the lyrics, so no translations for that matter, at least not because of that. Lots of dutch artists sing in english too. As for the instruments, i've played the guitar the longest. But yes, the piano for a long time too. For many years I actually didn't know what I preferred, but the last 8 years or so, I learned that my heart goes out to the guitar the most, it feels like my right hand. Nowadays I don't play the piano that much, not even close to what I do on the guitar, but I do love to play it too, that's true, but still, in the end, there is only one true love, right?! ;) Can't wait to meet you too Bear, it's getting SO close!!! We'll have a blast!! :woohoo:

Cori: Heeeeeey Cori, how great to hear from you!! You didn't notice anything, GREAT!! :P Haha, push ups, well......I just love the disco-thing, hahaha! :laugh: :laugh: Don't worry, I won't get more buff! ;) Thanks so much sweet friend! (we need to catch up!! :) )

Thanks all, this was just one of these occasions that stand out and it was nice to share it with you! :) :) :)

Ness

BigBear

Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:20 pm

Ness- I think the Dutch and the Swedes are the best English speakers in the world, closely followed by the Germans. I really wish we had that commitment to other languages here. We are very shortsighted. :cheer:

michelew

Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:10 pm

familyman4 wrote:
BTW, Michelle,
I love the new doggie picture for your avitar! Every week you are changing it :) :) :)
I'm glad you're enjoying them Bart. I have a zillion new photos on my phone everyday. I'm definite boring people to death with my one-subject conversations at the moment and my baby photo album. But she's SO ADORABLE! :)

Here's one from the day before here new haircut. She was going for the mop look (Daryl was worried that I might get her confused with my cleaning tools).

Image so talented she can hold onto vertical surfaces. Spidy dog.

Image and apparently we really do live down under... I swear these were normally oriented when I posted them and when they first appeared .... Er curious.

Shel

OK furry cuteness asi, back to telling Ness how wonderful and talented she is. :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic