Additions to Daryl's pretty little doodle - version 3 - Hey Honey

tombo1230

Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:52 am

Hi Michelle, I'm just loving this! It really is fantastic that Daryl's Doodle has inspired such interest and creativity amongst this little community of ours.
You have created your very own version of the tune and it's fantastic! More power to your elbow! B) :)

I see why you have edited the music, I had the same idea, but decided to work with what was provided as a sort of challenge to myself.

Thanks Daryl for lighting the flame. :) I am hoping to record my own original song tomorrow, mentioned last week in another thread, that Chris (Neverfoundthetime) has encouraged me to finish and record. So fingers crossed. I'm not sure I would have finished it, or recorded it, without the encouragement of you guys, so thanks! :)

Tom N.

thereshopeyet

Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:41 am

Michelle

That's one Hot Dog great and song !!!

:ohmy:

michelew

Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:44 pm

Thanks guys.

Tom - I'm glad you enjoyed it. It sure was a cool project. Fantastic that you're planning to record your own song. The thing I've loved about trying to add to other people's work is that you've got a head start and a mood. Starting from scratch is still a step beyond my comfort zone. But I'll keep watching those of you that are doing so and maybe jump on the band wagon (arrrr arr :) :) ) once you pioneers show us all how it's done.

Dermot - cute animation :). I'm sure you could come up with some lyrics to this funny man. :)

Shel

tombo1230

Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:59 pm

michelew wrote:
Thanks guys.

Tom - I'm glad you enjoyed it. It sure was a cool project. Fantastic that you're planning to record your own song. The thing I've loved about trying to add to other people's work is that you've got a head start and a mood. Starting from scratch is still a step beyond my comfort zone. But I'll keep watching those of you that are doing so and maybe jump on the band wagon (arrrr arr :) :) ) once you pioneers show us all how it's done.

Shel
Hi Shel,
it doesn't really matter where you start writing from, just as long as you do and you have fun with it and I am glad you are having a go, you will grow because of it.
I have written a few songs from scratch and to be honest this is where I am most comfortable and have as much wiggle room as I need.
When you write from scratch you have a blank canvas and you just have to let what is inside you come out, that's the way it is for me.
Not all your songs will be great, but that is part of the learning experience. When I put words to Daryls song that was a whole different and Alien experience to be honest, but I learned from it and that is just great really.
I have realised that the best inspiration comes from things you have experienced first hand, or things you have experience through conversation with other people. When this affects you in an emotional sense it can trigger something within you that at this stage I don't fully understand, but I do know it can be very expressive and creative and something you can turn into a song. Personally I just go with the flow, if it works out it works out and if it doesn't I know there's another one just around the corner.

What I will warn you of is this, you can be inspired at any moment, so make sure you can record something on your phone or write it down, or it will be lost forever.
Happy writing Shel :)

Tom N.

michelew

Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:09 pm

Thanks for the encouragement Tom. That sounds like great advice.

I can't wait to see what you have up your sleeve.

dekotaj

Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:13 pm

Hey Sis Bravo!!!!

Setting here think of a few years back we were not sure what to even do. Now we have folks posting little doodles and other folks adding lyrics and vocals, and even other instruments. What a site! GREAT JOB!!!!

Kev

cosmicmechanic

Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:44 pm

Shel, this is a fun bunch of lyrics, as are your vocals, nice and laid-back.
To me, the idea of writing lyrics for a love song seems especially challenging ... but I should probably be telling that to a psychiatrist.
Well, I guess TG is close enough :side:

dekotaj wrote:
... think of a few years back we were not sure what to even do. Now we have folks posting little doodles and other folks adding lyrics and vocals, and even other instruments ...
... Which reminds me of past discussions on this Forum about how to define the stages of "intermediate" or "advanced intermediate" guitar ability.
Maybe an intermediate player can begin to "noodle", and an advanced intermediate player can go on to "doodle" ? :blink:
I sure hope you continue to work on "oodles" of "doodles". Say hi for me to your "poodle" :)

toodle-oo
Pierre

daryl

Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:18 pm

cosmicmechanic wrote:
Shel, this is a fun bunch of lyrics, as are your vocals, nice and laid-back.
To me, the idea of writing lyrics for a love song seems especially challenging ... but I should probably be telling that to a psychiatrist.
Well, I guess TG is close enough :side:

dekotaj wrote:
... think of a few years back we were not sure what to even do. Now we have folks posting little doodles and other folks adding lyrics and vocals, and even other instruments ...
... Which reminds me of past discussions on this Forum about how to define the stages of "intermediate" or "advanced intermediate" guitar ability.
Maybe an intermediate player can begin to "noodle", and an advanced intermediate player can go on to "doodle" ? :blink:
I sure hope you continue to work on "oodles" of "doodles". Say hi for me to your "poodle" :)

toodle-oo
Pierre
Pierre, I sense a song in those words (oodles of noodles and doodles for your poodle)! Go for it! Ad you can add into your lyrics your great line: "smiles shared and remembered live on."

michelew

Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:11 pm

You've got me bamboozled,
You've got me bamboozled!

What's this I hear about doodles and poodles!?!.
Oodles of poodles eating noodles while writing doodles!?!
...I'm so bamboozled..

Rhyming's fine,
But there are times,
When is might be considered a crime.

But I must say, yes I must say,
if there was a way to make it pay,
I'd think up rhymes throughout the day.

Alas alack, I'm just a hack,
To work i go back to avoid the sack,
To work, to work to stay in the black.

But! Oodles of poodles, eating noodles ...
How would that sound as a doodle?

Bamboozled, bamboozled,
I'm still bamboozled.
Perhaps I'll go and ask my poodle.

michelew

Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:16 pm

dekotaj wrote:
Hey Sis Bravo!!!!

Setting here think of a few years back we were not sure what to even do. Now we have folks posting little doodles and other folks adding lyrics and vocals, and even other instruments. What a site! GREAT JOB!!!!

Kev
Thanks Kev!!! Yes, I love the creativity that TG and the forum inspire too.

You'rea sweetie. :kiss:

Shel

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic