Additions to Daryl's pretty little doodle - version 3 - Hey Honey

michelew

Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:23 pm

cosmicmechanic wrote:
Shel, this is a fun bunch of lyrics, as are your vocals, nice and laid-back.
To me, the idea of writing lyrics for a love song seems especially challenging ... but I should probably be telling that to a psychiatrist.
Well, I guess TG is close enough :side:

dekotaj wrote:
... think of a few years back we were not sure what to even do. Now we have folks posting little doodles and other folks adding lyrics and vocals, and even other instruments ...
... Which reminds me of past discussions on this Forum about how to define the stages of "intermediate" or "advanced intermediate" guitar ability.
Maybe an intermediate player can begin to "noodle", and an advanced intermediate player can go on to "doodle" ? :blink:
I sure hope you continue to work on "oodles" of "doodles". Say hi for me to your "poodle" :)

toodle-oo
Pierre
Thanks Pierre. I agree about the difficulty of writing lyrics for a love song. I was very conscious about how shallow mine were while writing it. I guess the good song writers use everything at their disposal to convey the depth of their feelings, lyrics is only part of that. Neil moved us all with his Rosa May and that didn't have lyrics at all. It would be interesting to look at the great love songs from a perceptive of the importance of the lyrics vs the emotion in the music. I'm assuming that you need the later the really make it work. Here's to one day writing a powerful love song.

Toot-a-loo

Shel

michelew

Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:45 pm

daryl wrote:
cosmicmechanic wrote:
To me, the idea of writing lyrics for a love song seems especially challenging ... but I should probably be telling that to a psychiatrist.

... Which reminds me of past discussions on this Forum about how to define the stages of "intermediate" or "advanced intermediate" guitar ability.
Maybe an intermediate player can begin to "noodle", and an advanced intermediate player can go on to "doodle" ? :blink:
I sure hope you continue to work on "oodles" of "doodles". Say hi for me to your "poodle" :)

toodle-oo
Pierre
Pierre, I sense a song in those words (oodles of noodles and doodles for your poodle)! Go for it! Ad you can add into your lyrics your great line: "smiles shared and remembered live on."
Dear Sir,

We've received reports today,
that you're inciting fun and play.
As punishment for your crimes,
you're sentenced to reading Shel's bad rhymes.

Your's in seriousness,

The Fun Police - putting a stop to creativity, silly dancing and frivolity in all it's forms.

thereshopeyet

Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:48 am

Just brilliant Michelle.

:)

daryl

Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:56 am

michelew wrote:
daryl wrote:
cosmicmechanic wrote:

toodle-oo
Pierre
Pierre, I sense a song in those words (oodles of noodles and doodles for your poodle)! Go for it! Ad you can add into your lyrics your great line: "smiles shared and remembered live on."
Dear Sir,

We've received reports today,
that you're inciting fun and play.
As punishment for your crimes,
you're sentenced to reading Shel's bad rhymes.

Your's in seriousness,

The Fun Police - putting a stop to creativity, silly dancing and frivolity in all it's forms.
But those words weren't mine officer. I don't know how they got in my bag. (Yes I do, those were Pierre's words!)

thereshopeyet

Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:00 am

What a great topic.

:)

lueders

Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:04 am

Hey, Michele I dig your (take on Daryl's Doodle) song!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) Sounds great! It's a HIT!! :) :) :) :) :) When I hear it I can't help but wonder what it would sound like with a some minimal strategic,faint but echo-drenched slide guitar work circa Mazzy Star's Fade Into You Nineteen Ninety-something-or-rather...but it doesn't need it...just a thought.
Truly reminds me of a blend of a few artists I really,really like as well. P.S. CHECK Out the WEEPIES if you've never heard of 'em... I'm thinking they might be a group you could get into.

Cori

P.S. love the harmonics!!

michelew

Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:15 pm

Cori! Thanks! Hey you, we just don't see you around here anywhere near enough for my liking.

I really enjoyed the Weepies so being compared to them is way cool. Yep I think I could get into them too. The first one reminded me that I was starting to write a kids song after Chas told me my eyebrows looked like I had a caterpillar on my forehead. :) :) :P Maybe I'll get back to that some time.

Apparently Mazzy are too cool for us Aussies. YouTube couldn't show them down here. But, I'd love for you to have a go at adding slide guitar. Send me the track and I'll add it in and send it back. If Krista wants to get in on the gig that would be really cool too, just send me another separate track so I can balance them into the song as needed. Go on give it a go, you know you want to. This could become an even bigger TG community collab. Fun! If anyone else would like to join in the fun, just let me know. :)

I'm PM you.

BTW - the harmonics are Daryl's and you should ABSOLUTELY check out where he took the progression. It sounds great.
http://www.totallyguitars.com/forum/81- ... odleq.html

Thanks for being so sweet and enthusiastic.

Shel

Lavallee

Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:16 pm

Sweetie, Honey, Babe is pretty lucky

Marc

BobR

Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:36 pm

Hi Michele,

I'm a bit late to the party but what you did with the doodle was so cool. :)

Keep on playing and writing
Bob

michelew

Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:17 pm

Hey Marc - we don't see much of you these days. We're poorer for it. Planning on uploading anything soon? I take it you like the the lyrics. :) Or...maybe you were just suggesting that I spoil my dog since all the pictures were of her. (ahhhh....meeee???? neeeeeever... :) ) :) Not really the best graphics for the song I guess since it's obviously not about her, but she's so cute! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a video from you soon.

Bob - it really doesn't matter when you reply in my books. It's always nice to get some good comments. Thanks for watching. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic