Original Song from Tom and Claire. Isn't it Funny......

tombo1230

Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:09 pm

BobR wrote:
Tom / Claire,

Not a happy tune from the lyrics , but it sure sounded good. Nice playing and of course Claire's vocals were great. Loved the harmonies too!

Bob
Thanks for watching Bob, glad you liked it.

Tom N.

neverfoundthetime

Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:37 pm

Very nice Tom and Claire! Great to see you two post again. Original work and excellent work. Claire nails it and the harmonies are lovely. Very accurate playing Tom, clear as a bell. Painful lyrics, I was going to say bitter but after 4 time listening, it sounds healthier, singing out the pain. "02" begs the question but, of course, its not one we can ask. I like this kind of song writing, very authentic and ultimately healing. Glad you are in the Lennon category and not the Maca! Perfectly produced too.

Chris

PS: Had to eat chocolate :)

daryl

Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:40 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Very nice Tom and Claire! Great to see you two post again. Original work and excellent work. Claire nails it and the harmonies are lovely. Very accurate playing Tom, clear as a bell. Painful lyrics, I was going to say bitter but after 4 time listening, it sounds healthier, singing out the pain. "02" begs the question but, of course, its not one we can ask. I like this kind of song writing, very authentic and ultimately healing. Glad you are in the Lennon category and not the Maca! Perfectly produced too.

Chris
Now that Chris has brought it up.....I have to "beg the question". What are "O2 surprises"?

neverfoundthetime

Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:52 pm

Now that Chris has brought it up.....I have to "beg the question". What are "O2 surprises"?
- Daryl
I brought it up and buried it at the same time! ;)

daryl

Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:59 pm

I know, but, I had to dig it up.

thereshopeyet

Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:11 pm

Link - O2 Surprise ????

A Concert maybe ???

:ohmy:

TGNesh

Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:21 pm

That was really great Tom and Claire! Steady playing and great vocals!! :cheer: (Musically, I, in particular, liked the turn to E in the chorus :) )

Gosh....heartfelt and painful lyrics.....there is no emoticon for it....

Very well done, both of you!! Yeah, I like the beard too! :P

Ness

michelew

Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:52 pm

WOW!!!

That was beautiful and deeply moving. Tom and Claire that's something you should both be very proud of.

Tom your playing couldn't have been more solid. It formed a great foundation for Claire's gorgeous singing. I loved the emotion Claire put into her singing. The melody was great and felt really natural. The harmonies were lovely. The lyrics.... captured the love, pain, loneliness and longing so well.

It reminded me of a 50's country song. Or...A slow "It's my Party..."

This is begging to have addition tracks added to it. Keep playing it and developing it. It's such a wide open canvas still that the possibilities as enormous, perhaps a little mandolin-type sound, bass, rhythm (even some simple hand claps), a second guitar. You could really get into it and have a band of Tom and Claire's supporting the beautiful original Tom and Claire track. I say fantastic job and keep having fun building on it.

Tom now that you've revealed your secret identity of song writer, don't fight the urge to show us more. It's very inspiring.

Thanks for sharing your song writing skills and showing us how it's done.

Shel

tombo1230

Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:30 am

neverfoundthetime wrote:
- Daryl
I brought it up and buried it at the same time! ;)
Chris, Daryl and Dermot.

Ok guys, you made me laugh here. :laugh:

02 is a phone network in the UK. 02 Suprises, well that is when you buy some talk time, you are given an 02 Suprise.
The more you spend, the better the suprise. It can also be written Suprize! Anyway, you hook a duck online and win Cinema tickets or money off a pitzza etc, etc. What has that to do with the song I hear you ask......well nothing really, it's a reference to a phone and you have text messages and maybe photo's. The idea is something was found on the guys phone to incriminate him that's all, 'a suprise,'. At Al Stewarts ceminar he spoke about adding bizarre talking points into a song, 'the unusual,' well this is mine. He mentioned a gorilla or a dinosaur or such like. I know..... wtf?.....you did ask. :laugh:

Tom N.

tombo1230

Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:51 am

neverfoundthetime wrote:

Chris
Wow, don't know how to reply to this. I am impressed as well with the fact that you listened to it 4 times. B) :)

Talking of the Beatles, I think their partnership worked because one was dark and the other sweet a sort of ying and yang
so they met in the middle. As we know, truely brilliant!! :)

Tom N.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic