Recording sucks when....

michelew

Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:23 pm

You're a good sport Ness. :kiss:

And I'm SOOOOOO glad that you go to all of that trouble. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE watching your lessons and playthroughs (which are performance lessons in themselves). And pure entertainment. :) Love your work!

michelew

Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:27 pm

David - you got me cracking up here! Hilarious! Oh I can SO relate. :)

crieniecat

Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:30 pm

michelew wrote:
You're a good sport Ness. :kiss:

And I'm SOOOOOO glad that you go to all of that trouble. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE watching your lessons and playthroughs (which are performance lessons in themselves). And pure entertainment. :) Love your work!
Shel I fully agree!
I've witnessed some lesson recordings and it IS a LOT of work.... :blink:
It always shows though, the quality of each lesson, both Ness and Neil's, are incredible and also that is what makes TG fit to the high standard it has.

Ness knows me, I always like to tease when ever I can, but always with the best intensions :)
She is a very good sport indeed :kiss:

David, ..... :lol: :laugh: :woohoo: :silly: See? Enough footage already for another great song! B) :laugh:

daryl

Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:44 pm

Speaking of "light in your eyes" what do you all use when your do your video recording?

michelew

Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:39 pm

Standing in the coffee queue.

Recording sucks when ...

...the girlie hair, you've decided to grow to challenge yourself., which was fine when you did your hair check, starts crawling across your face like an army of angry fire ants and distracts you so much that you forget the lyrics you're trying to sing. :)

michelew

Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:33 pm

Ness, GOSH having to sing when your voice hasn't recovered from the flu REALLY is the pits. You really do go above and beyond for us. I have to say, while I LOVE all that you do for us, I hate to think that it might be impeding your recovery. I for one can wait until you're well. Take care of that beautiful voice sweetie.

Shel

TGVanessa wrote:
Recording sucks:

When you've had the flu and your voice just won't heal. :S

When everything just doesn't sound right, vocals (flu), guitar (new strings, buzzes..)

And yes, all that Daryl said. (Suite Judy Blue Eyes, If You Could Read My Mind, Vincent)

Unfortunately no one take for today. :S :( :angry:

michelew wrote:
Hey Ness! Yeh it would be great to hear your experience. Somehow it's comofrting to know that brilliant performers like you experience recording frustrations too.

Good luck. I hope you get a take you're happy with the first time. :)

wiley

Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:33 pm

michelew

Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:16 am

daryl wrote:
Speaking of "light in your eyes" what do you all use when your do your video recording?
Daryl,

I use two standard lamps. One is a diffuse light lamp which I train onto the wall in front of me to light things up in a general way. The other is a small bright LED lamp on a a flexible arm that I train on my face mostly and the guitar. I tend to use it in all the time now because during the day I have a bright light coming in the window behind me that can wash everything else out.

I know Ness has a more sophisticated solution for professional recording.

M

neverfoundthetime

Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:14 am

Recording sucks when you are checking out the play back and you realise you're not hitting some notes, your rhythm is not fluent, your voice is too loud or too quiet and you didn't notice any of it live! :side:

michelew

Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:21 am

Oh GOSH! I can SO relate to that! Have you been peeking in my window while I've been trying to record recently? :)

Yep it sure sucks. :)

Though I'm guessing it happens to you a lot less than the rest of us, who are not quite so blessed in the pipes department.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic