I post videos on TG because ...

michelew

Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:35 pm

If you've read the sister thread to this one entitled "Recording suck when..." You might be starting to wonder why we bother recording at all. What makes the frustrations worthwhile?

So to ensure Sandy and other shy potential posters are still encouraged to do it I suggest we offer the other side of the story.

Complete this sentence:

I post videos on TG because ...

daryl

Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:59 pm

I post videos on TG because.....it is the only thing that makes me learn a COMPLETE song. Additionally, I like to be technically challenged, that's why I over-produce my videos with bass rhythm and lead stuff, multi-tracks, and multi-effects. If I could sing I would be doing tons of harmony tracks too.

michelew

Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:40 pm

Most recently I've been primarily posting Time Zone Zombie videos. David and I have been having a ball creating our TZZ songs. It's quite a lot of work but the community's responses always make the blood sweat and (close to) tears :) worth it.

I record and post videos on TG because...

... It's one I the few places I feel safe to share videos that feel a bit like exposing your soul at times; TG is a community of music lovers who know what's involved in learning an instrument, learning a song, creating something new; who are supportive, encouraging and respectful even if the music may not be their cup of tea.

I post because sharing our TZZ creations is a lot of fun and gives me the energy and motivation to continue the sometimes hard work of being creative.

A would-be songwriter and muso couldn't ask for a more nurturing forum for releasing new creations into the world.

TG community thank you for all the constructive advice and love and support you've shown me over the years.

Love

Shel

Lavallee

Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:16 pm

Thanks Shel, another good thread,

I post videos because I do not play with other musicians, so the recording gives me a better feedback than just listening to my own playing. Once you record, you start paying attention to details. You get more demanding about your technique. Of course the comments and tips from Neil and Vanessa are really worth it, but also everybody chipping in is so helpful to improve.

Let's hit that record button

Marc

neverfoundthetime

Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:30 am

Lavallee wrote:
Thanks Shel, another good thread,

I post videos because I do not play with other musicians, so the recording gives me a better feedback than just listening to my own playing. Once you record, you start paying attention to details. You get more demanding about your technique. Of course the comments and tips from Neil and Vanessa are really worth it, but also everybody chipping in is so helpful to improve.

Let's hit that record button

Marc

I post videos because of the above.... and otherwise I have no one to play for or with, then I would play so much less and would have to shoot myself at some point.... or commit suicide by chocolate B)

michelew

Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:55 am

Thanks for chiming in guys.

... Death by chocoloate ... There's got to be worse ways to go right? :)

Just because it's worth repeating a million times I thought I'd echo one of Marc's comments.

I post videos on TG because...

...when I'm working on a song from one of Neil's and Vanessa's lessons, and especially when my progress has slowed, there is nothing that kick starts it and gets it moving in the right direction again than getting advice from our teaching gurus.

Most recently I posted progress videos for 'Lovesong' and 'Never Going Back Again'. Vanessa's and Neil's advice was fantastic, and just what I needed in both instances. And WELL worth and minor recording hassles.

It's one of the best aspects of this site and a really unique offering.

If you're a TARGET member and you haven't posted a video for review, and given yourself the chance to get teacher feedback, ... You're missing a great opportunity.

M

TGNesh

Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:17 am

Because that's my job! :P

Alright, let me go back to my student-days here at TG, which is like two and a half years ago.

I posted videos on TG out of pure fun and accomplishment! :cheer: It was nice to learn a song and then show it to Neil and the community. With Neil, I usually felt like a kid who wants to show her dad what she had accomplished, haha! :laugh: (well in real life I often call him dad too, since he acts like one and since he prefers that over 'boss'. ;) ) The love and support from the community were always a major thrill, no less. So yeah, all that motivated me to go for it, even though it was often hard work, since recording %#^$s. :laugh: But gosh, it was always SO worthwhile.

It was coincidentally last week that I bumped into my very first video here at TG, which I indeed uploaded just out of fun and a sense of accomplishment, which i just wanted to share. It was also the very first time that I showed my face on camera (on YouTube).

Oh my, how things have changed since then! :)

michelew

Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:12 am

I remember that video. Very cool.

I also remember quite a few teaching videos that you posted on TG BEFORE it was your job. :)

You're a born teacher Ness. :)

TGNesh

Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:00 pm

Haha, yeah you're right Shel, thanks! :laugh: B) I suppose I just couldn't resist to help out. :)

Well I guess it was one of the things that got me where I am today. When watching all those IGC-videos, it made me again realise how awesome this ride has been and still is. Who knows what the future brings and where this ride will take me. I know where I want it to lead though. ;) Indeed who knows!

michelew wrote:
I remember that video. Very cool.

I also remember quite a few teaching videos that you posted on TG BEFORE it was your job. :)

You're a born teacher Ness. :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic