Beautiful voices and other unexpected gems

michelew

Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:59 pm

Hi everyone,

I was on youtube today and this video popped up in the list of offerings. This guys really has a gift, a few in fact. I just wish the sound quality was better, the video was more straight on to him and... that people would stop talking ...

Well I think t's gorgeous. I hope you enjoy it too.

Is that an octave mandolin he's playing? I love the bells too. I also love the juxtaposition of his otherwise gruff appearance against his sweet angelic voice.

Has anyone else found any other gems lately that they'd like to share?

M

BobR

Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:38 pm

michelew wrote:
Is that an octave mandolin he's playing?[/quote]I think four courses of strings distinguishes it from a cittern (which have five courses, if I read everything right), and scale length is what determines if it's an octave or tenor mandola/mandolin. I read a little about those on Wikipedia, but it's rather confusing, and I guess not all luthiers or players agree on what's what. :unsure:

Amazing voice on him, anyway.

sandysue

Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:02 pm

Wow Michele, He sounds like an opera singer. He has a beautiful voice. Why is he singing and playing on a street corner like that instead of performing on a stage somewhere. I would love to hear his story. :)

Sandy

michelew

Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:14 pm

Yep he absolutely does have an amazing voice.

I suspect, given his showmanship and general level of skills, that he probably does have a regular gig on stage somewhere. I sure hope so. If he can't make it...

M

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic