I've been hurt

mike721

Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:05 pm

I sincerely apologize if the links to my work I upload onto YouTube isn't there anymore. I became incredibly hurt when someone, nobody from TotallyGuitars I'm certain, commented on YouTube that "I sing and play the guitar like a baboon." I should realize by now that not everybody likes to listen. :(

spinland

Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:12 pm

Hi, Michael,

I know nothing can remove the hurt when a$$holes crap on your hard work. All I can say is the world (especially the internet, and especially YouTube) is populated by dung-flinging monkeys who would never behave so if they had to face the person they were insulting.

You matter. You have value. Your hard work rocks. The sh!tbags who want to crap on it are sad, self-hating trolls who have no joy in life so spend their miserable days crapping on the valued work of those who actually make things happen.

You rock, man. Don't let the sh!tbags bring you down. :kiss:

Mark

TGNeil

Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:37 pm

Hi Mike,

We are looking into this. Not sure if it was a glitch in our channel or a YT problem. They have been known to take down clips for copyright problems but that seems unlikely in this case. As far as comments people make, Mark is right that there are a bunch of small minded folks out there with way too easy access to computers who love to put others down to make themselves feel better.

Also, did you load this into our Reviews channel, which is glitchy most of the time but being worked on, or into your own channel? If it's your channel you can delete comments. I do it occasionally on our TG channels.

I did see your video and am sorry I did not get a chance to comment or review it for you. I do remember thinking you had a good feel for the tunes and working on varying the strumming would be a good next step.

Neil

daryl

Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:04 pm

spinland wrote:
Hi, Michael,

I know nothing can remove the hurt when a$$holes crap on your hard work. All I can say is the world (especially the internet, and especially YouTube) is populated by dung-flinging monkeys who would never behave so if they had to face the person they were insulting.

You matter. You have value. Your hard work rocks. The sh!tbags who want to crap on it are sad, self-hating trolls who have no joy in life so spend their miserable days crapping on the valued work of those who actually make things happen.

You rock, man. Don't let the sh!tbags bring you down. :kiss:

Mark
Well said Mark.

Mike, I think you sing and play quite nicely. Thank you for posting. I'm sorry that you feel hurt. And I'm sorry that some people are just plain assholes. I'm very saddened by our current "society" and by many who frequent "social media". Hang in there and remember that you can always delete comments on your channel.

crieniecat

Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:32 pm

I agree with all said here before!
Please don't let some small minded person dis encourage you from future posting.

All creativity matters, no matter how big or small the effort, or how much views or likes one gets.
Shoo away the hurt and take in the compliments and friendship offered in it's place.
They count!

Corina

mike721

Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:45 am

Thank you everyone for the kind support; I hadn't picked up my guitar or sung a note for over a week. :)

sandysue

Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:18 am

mike721 wrote:
[quote]Thank you everyone for the kind support; I hadn't picked up my guitar or sung a note for over a week. :)[/quote)

Dear Mike, you are so sweet and kind, but you might be giving Some people in our species a little too much credit. There are some mean people out there. I just took a lesson with Neil on
FOTW about this very issue of putting yourself out there musically where you could and probably will be criticized occasionally for not being perfect. As I was reading your post it occurred to me that you are the one who is busy accomplishing an enviable goal of learning to play music and actually being able to perform what you have learned, while all of the mean people are just wasting time trying to hold you back. In the end you are the big winner. :)

Sandy

tombo1230

Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:47 pm

mike721 wrote:
Thank you everyone for the kind support; I hadn't picked up my guitar or sung a note for over a week. :)
Mike, I can understand why you may feel down about this comment. Get that guitar back in your hands and start playing and singing again! If you don’t, the cretins have succeeded in their task of messing with your head and that is never good. The real feedback comes from this forum from your peers and I haven’t seen any bad feedback from here have you?

Looking forward to your next video.

Tom N.

khoffm

Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:36 pm

What Mark said is so true. Mike, you play the Guitar because it makes you Happy and no one should ever take that away from you. We are a family at TG and no one from this family would ever say anything hurtful, we support each other.

Kurt

michelew

Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:40 pm

Hey Mike,

My impression of trolls, is they have no idea of the effort, skill and pure guts that goes into learning an instrument, playing a song, recording a performance and very importantly posting a video and putting yourself out there for the world to see. Those of us who have done it know just how much is involved and the bravery it takes to make yourself that vulnerable.

It’s easy to be critical. It’s hard to do what you’ve done, so successfully.

There’s always something we can do to improve our performances. But every video you post is proof of your playing and a celebration of your success as a student and a musician.

Thanks for sharing your music with us and your woes too. I’m guessing many of us have felt the sting of an ignorant and shitty comment.

Ignore the dickheads. Listen to the people who know what an achievement you’ve made.

Thanks for sharing and keep them coming.

Michele

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic