I've been hurt

davidrfinn99165

Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:46 pm

Hi Mike.... sorry to hear about your bad experience....

TG community - nice people, play the guitar, understand the challenges, want you to do well, supportive
Youtube community - can also be all of the above yippee, but can also be mean and nasty and hurtful...and anyway... that is about them, not you..

i am guessing that Shel and I have 10-20 videos out there somewhere. I've never read a single comment on youtube or facebook or wherever and I am sure my life is richer as a result... I'd advise you to do the same.

keep playing, keep singing, i like your song choices, keep posting..

/ david (TZZ, northern hemisphere)

thereshopeyet

Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:44 pm

What Tina Tuner has to say about it Mike !!!

:ohmy: Sinead O'Conner says .... Nothing compares to you ;) :P

Dermot
:)

familyman4

Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:07 am

Hello Mike,

I don't think that I can say anymore than the folks here have already stated. So I'll just ask that you not stop posting here on the forum. We love to see what you're working on and enjoy your music!

Keep on playing my friend.....
Bart

mike721

Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:47 pm

Everyone, thank you so much for caring about my mental well being. I deeply appreciate it. I'm back to normal playing and singing again. I'm going to learn "How 'bout us." by Champaign. I like its relaxing rhythm.

I'm afraid I'll have to rerecord all the other songs as I became angry after the comment, took everything down from YouTube, and trashed the original video files and then emptied the trash; I was really hurt and upset. On a lighter note, I keep getting better day by day, as I practise quite a bit. I'll likely produce better results rerecording them.

I'm Canadian and it's winter, I'm also retired, with a lot of time on my hands. Without my guitar and the support from TotallyGuitars, I'd go entirely and absolutely bonkers! Warmest Regards. :)

neverfoundthetime

Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:32 pm

Mike you are doing just great! Each and everyone of us that picks up the guitar and plays and sings is giving something to the world and we are taking the music back from the music industry who think THEY own music and we need to be passive consumers stuffing them with dosh for the right to listen to their owned groups feeding us any crap THEY decide we need to like and pay for. The more of us that play something live just for ourselves or friends and family are doing something positive in the world, real music. its about the energy, the vibe the communication between those that have the heart and soul to hear and feel it. You are giving to the world, the YT Trolls are mindless, senseless, faeces flinging Troglodytes who have no ability to create or appreciate music themselves. Their comments tell you all you need to know about them and nothing about you.

So glad you are back to playing.... never, ever give up something you love for no damned good reason. Rock on!

Mark, you made me laugh! Remind me to get you into my corner any time there's fight anywhere. You're an ace!

Way to go TGers, you come out swinging when its time to stand up for a fellow guitar player :) You rock!

PS: enjoyed all the nice swearing for a good cause! :laugh:

TGNesh

Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:53 am

Hey Mike,

I'm so sorry for chiming in so late. Although i had seen you had received a great deal of support from the TG community. They've pretty much already said everything that i would've said myself.

I'm really glad you got back to playing and singing again. Don't ever stop doing that again.

As for posting videos, you know now that you can do that safely here at TG. As for YouTube, just simply list your video as 'unlisted'. That way only the ones who have the actual link (the one you would post in a thread on the TG forums) can watch it.

In any way, show us what you're playing some time soon again. :) It's always a pleasure to see you do your thing. Actually you were responsible for a MAJOR 'Never Been To Spain' earworm!!! :laugh: :laugh: :S

Ness

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic