Never Been To Spain

jayswett

Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:09 am

Very nice performance. I picked up my guitar and not only fingerpicked along with you but also did a little pentatonic lead during the interlude. Actually, that's a bit of hyperbole, but I enjoyed taking a crack at it anyway! I would also enjoy seeing a review by Neil perhaps suggesting some ways to vary the strumming pattern. I tried to do a bass strum type of thing with this and couldn't really make it work very well, but I'm sure Neil would come up with something useful and interesting.

michelew

Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:21 pm

... or perhaps our TGElvis-expert can add her insights. :)

Mike that was fun. I too have got the tune taking residence in my head now. It’s very catchy.

It’s great seeing you back. You’ve got strong rhythm, a great voice for this song and I love the way you’re interacting with the camera and putting a few cheeky looks and tones into your performance.

Nice work. I look forward to hearing advice from our gurus about how you can make it even better.

M

auntlynnie

Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:19 am

Mike,
This was really good. I never knew this was written by Hoyt Axton - I only remember the Three Dog Night (was it?) version.
I think you are improving and developing your own style. Fantastic!
Lynn

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic