It Never Rains In Southern California

wrsomers

Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:39 pm

familyman4 wrote:
Hello Mike,

I think I agree with Jay that this is your best one yet.

I love your deep Baritone speaking (Radio) voice. And it sounds good when you sing too. But this key made you stretch into a higher range and you sounded even better.

Thanks for sharing!
Bart
Yes, great baritone voice. I can just hear it; movie trailer voice ..."In a world where the sun always shines" :)

Craig

Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:10 pm

Nice job Mike!

You are gaining confidence and it shows through which is great! Keep up the good work!

Craig

BobR

Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:47 pm

Hi Mike,

Very well done all around. :)

thanks for sharing

Bob

mike721

Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:25 pm

All of you here at TotallyGuitars are so great and encouraging! Sometimes I get so depressed about music, I can't even lift up my guitar, let alone sing, and I'm a big guy. :)

daryl

Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:19 pm

Putting someone down for their playing doesn't help anyone. Encouragement and constructive criticism is the pathway to improvement. Nobody is a perfect guitar player (although TommyE comes pretty close IMHO). Keep the videos coming Mike!

crieniecat

Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:40 pm

Hi Mike,
That was a fun song, I could tell you really enjoyed it. I did as well.
Don't ever let yourself be discouraged by destructive comments, it says more about the other person, than it does about you.

I'm glad you keep on posting your songs, I hope it inspires others to do the same.

Cheers
Corina.

michelew

Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:51 pm

Mike,

That was fun. Great song choice. I really enjoyed it. I agree you’re improving all the time.

One thing you might like to try is easing up on the pick a little. You’re playing with a hard strum most of the way through, try relaxing your strumming hand a little more. One way to change that a little is to practice strumming softly, like there’s a baby sleeping in the next room and you don’t want to wake them.

Cool upload. I was singing with you.

Michele

mike721

Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:10 pm

You guys are all great! I only get depressed, and hence I don't play, while looking at my MasterCard statement. :laugh:

neverfoundthetime

Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:35 am

Well done again Mike. You are doing really well, improving all the time.... and your voice is really good for so many songs, you sing very well!

As for encouragement and putting people down: Folks have to realize that when they comment on others, it says way more about themselves. Either you have something to give, or not, then its better to remain silent as you are not adding anything positive to this world. If you are creating your own music, you are adding something to this world and we need all the creativeness, good energy and love we can get! I've seen someone thumb-down me on YT and I just laugh and wonder what sort of life does someone like that lead.... not worth one iota of my energy to bother about it. And if you really want to cheer yourself up in a perverse way, check out the dozens of thumbs down Neil gets (next to all the many thumbs ups) on his YT lesson posts! Unbelievable. So if Neil gets thumbs down, you can see how frivolous and dumb-ass these comments are!

So the answer to any depression is, pick up the guitar and sing! So you have it solved :laugh:

mike721

Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:05 pm

Thank all of you so much. You don't know how good that makes me feel!

I sang the song this morning with a softer strum and man does it ever sound better! With a softer strum I also noticed how much easier it is to keep the pick from moving around in my fingers.

I have a relative who is a voice trainer for celebrities in Hollywood. He said try to say the words rather than just sing the note. To hit high notes, tilt your chin down a little -- not up.

Lots of love everyone.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic