It Never Rains In Southern California

michelew

Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:16 pm

That’s excellent to hear Mike.

You know many of us post progress videos, where we show how our playing has changed after we’ve applied the advice that Neil, Ness or someone from the forum has offered us. If you feel like sharing your new rendition with the softer strum that would be great to see too. :)

Have fun.

Michele

mike721

Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:44 pm

Everyone here at TotallyGuitars are so kind and thoughtful; I love kind constructive criticism although I think "help" is a better word for it. I rerecorded this song and it's at the beginning of the thread; vary strumming patterns with soul, tune the guitar after using a capo, and most importantly strum gently like a baby is sound asleep in an adjacent room. Lots of love everyone. Michael

daryl

Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:00 pm

Yep. Real good all around. Now, since you've played this song a gazillion times, I think it's time you do it without looking at the lyrics and chords. I think using the "chart" is holding you back.

daryl

Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:03 pm

Also, you might want to start a new thread with your latest video. Sometimes people don't look at "old" threads even when there's a new post as they often think that someone's just getting around to adding their comment to the old video. So why don't you make a "It Never Rains In California (take 2)" thread?

crieniecat

Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:50 pm

I second Daryl and want to say.... Yesss, this is so much progress!!
My compliments to you sir B) Well done :woohoo:

michelew

Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:30 pm

Hi Mike.

It’s great to see you coming back and sharing your progress. Yep I too can see you’ve been working on quite a few things. The improvement is showing. Good for you. Good job.

I second Daryl’s suggestion that you start a new thread. If you do decide to put it into the old threa, I suggest putting the new version below the old one and keeping the old one too. That way it’s easy to compare them both and more easily see the improvement you’ve made. It will be an interesting record for you too.

This is a learning site. So don’t be worried that your first upload wasn’t everything you’d like it to be yet.

Good job and keep up the good work.

Micheke

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic