Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:10 pm

That was really good boss!

--tom

sandysue

Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:56 pm

7645slug wrote:
That was really good boss!

--tom

Thank you Tom, that's very sweet of you to say. Are you sure you didn't mean bossy? :P :P Hope we can get together again soon at Neils to practice our songs together some more, which reminds me that i need to practice myself at home a little more too. I's easy to get off on a tangent with other songs and forget what songs have priority, since we need to be ready for IGC again before you know it. :) :) :)

Sandy :)

crieniecat

Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:04 pm

Aaaw Sandy!!! You're on a roll Lady!!
So good to see you perform even if it scares the heck out of you.
You are making such progress for sure.

Marc W. is a bit quiet towards "the Boss" ;) Maybe he is keeping low profile... hiding with a bottle of Meiomi hmmm... B)

Love it!
:kiss:

sandysue

Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:41 pm

crieniecat wrote:

Marc W. is a bit quiet towards "the Boss" ;) Maybe he is keeping low profile... hiding with a bottle of Meiomi hmmm... B)

Love it!
Thank you Corina, being scared to death has never seemed to detour me from anything yet. It's just inconvenient and doesn't feel good at the time.
So do you think Marc is hiding out so he doesn't have to share his bottle of wine with us. I think he may also be waiting to hear from Tom and I about our new pip's song. It's a surprise this year. but we don't have it perfected yet (at all) so he is probably waiting for us to send him a video that he can use to practice. :S :S :S

crieniecat

Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:46 pm

sandysue wrote:
crieniecat wrote:

Love it!
Thank you Corina, being scared to death has never seemed to detour me from anything yet. It's just inconvenient and doesn't feel good at the time.
So do you think Marc is hiding out so he doesn't have to share his bottle of wine with us, or is he quietly practicing his guitar everyday so he can surprise us all at IGC. :S :S :S
Good question Sandy!
Let's see if Marc turns up soon....
And let's hope he'll share it both, seeing him perform while we drink his wine, Yup, sounds great to me... :woohoo: :woohoo:

Fred

Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:07 pm

Sandy -

Great job, nice playing and super song selection. Playing and singing at the same time is no easy task and you did superb!

Regards,
Fred

tombo1230

Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:34 pm

Well done Sandy. This kind of performance is just adding to your playing experience and musicality. I am proud for you, because that is no mean feat indeed. Just keep doing it and you will reap the rewards. Well done indeed! :)

Tom N.

sandysue

Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:36 pm

Fred wrote:
Sandy -

Great job, nice playing and super song selection. Playing and singing at the same time is no easy task and you did superb!

Regards,
Fred
Thank you Fred. You’re right about singing and playing at the same time, it’s especially hard when you’re also trying to negociate a microphone at the same time. I kept having to look and see where my fingers were on the fret board Which made it hard to stay centered while singing into the microphone. I’ve tried standing to play using a guitar strap in the past and I think that helps.

I loved your performance at the workshop. I hope you continue to come and practice with all of us. :)

sandysue

Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:56 pm

tombo1230 wrote:
Well done Sandy. This kind of performance is just adding to your playing experience and musicality. I am proud for you, because that is no mean feat indeed. Just keep doing it and you will reap the rewards. Well done indeed! :)

Tom N.

Thank you so much Tom. Jim is providing a great experience for all of us. And of course it’s especially great that Neil came to support all of us too. It’s hard to watch yourself performing on video making so many silly mistakes, but it’s a great way to learn to change and improve things for next time.

Sandy

mweston

Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:47 am

crieniecat wrote:
sandysue wrote:
crieniecat wrote:

Love it!
So do you think Marc is hiding out so he doesn't have to share his bottle of wine with us, or is he quietly practicing his guitar everyday so he can surprise us all at IGC. :S :S :S
Good question Sandy!
Let's see if Marc turns up soon....
And let's hope he'll share it both, seeing him perform while we drink his wine, Yup, sounds great to me... :woohoo: :woohoo:
Hmmm...My ears are burning! No, I haven't been slow because I'm stingy with the wine, I always have plenty to share! :silly: I've just been on a work binge the last 24 hours.

Sandy: That really was a fine performance. Even tho you say you were scared it doesn't seem that way. You seem pretty laid back to me. And I'm glad to hear that you are missing F#m chords now instead of D7. It's a much harder chord and thus saves much more effort! :laugh: But I'm worried that you have moved up to the highest tier of accompanist. Looks like Tom and I will be out on the streets performing "The Pips Play Greatest Hits of Lobo"! :blink:

-Marc

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic