Jim Bruno's Monthly Vocal Workshop with Sandysue

mweston

Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:34 am

sandysue wrote:
[I think he may also be waiting to hear from Tom and I about our new pip's song. It's a surprise this year. but we don't have it perfected yet (at all) so he is probably waiting for us to send him a video that he can use to practice. :S :S :S

Thanks for the reminder! Where is that video???

familyman4

Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:27 am

Sandy, I haven't had a chance to read everyone else's comment so I predict I will be repeating other comments... Just so beautiful! Your guitar playing was fabulous! You almost never even looked at your hands, even though this song is played up and down the neck. And you singing was wonderful! John Denver songs, beautiful! Great Job Sandy!!!

Neil, is there anything that you can't play?

Bruno, (Same comment as in other workshop posts) not really sure if you are on the TG website forum but if you are, I know that you are the "man behind the Curtin". Not only is it great that you teach the singing, but to set open mic performances to allow people to play in front of an audience is brilliant! You and Neil are both wonderful people that share your knowledge and help others achieve their personal goals!

All the best!
Bart

sandysue

Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:00 pm

You always make me laugh Marc. You know that you’re not going to get out of our forever band sandysue and the pips that easily. You’re right that Tom and I are a little delenquit in getting you our Secret video. I think we always drag our feet at first because it seems like we have so much time but IGC always gets here faster than you think.

And just so you know it would be Corina drinking your wine while you're up on stage because I’m the one up there with you. I think the answer would be to persuade her to come and sing with us. I think she would make a great pip. Or better yet she could be Gladys knight . :) :)

Sandy

sandysue

Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:31 pm

familyman4 wrote:
Sandy, I haven't had a chance to read everyone else's comment so I predict I will be repeating other comments... Just so beautiful! Your guitar playing was fabulous! You almost never even looked at your hands, even though this song is played up and down the neck. And you singing was wonderful! John Denver songs, beautiful! Great Job Sandy!!!

Neil, is there anything that you can't play?

Bruno, (Same comment as in other workshop posts) not really sure if you are on the TG website forum but if you are, I know that you are the "man behind the Curtin". Not only is it great that you teach the singing, but to set open mic performances to allow people to play in front of an audience is brilliant! You and Neil are both wonderful people that share your knowledge and help others achieve their personal goals!

All the best!
Bart
I love it Bart, you alway have the sweetest, most complimentary responses. Of course I'm always a little self deprecating and critical about myself, but I saw right away that I wasn't consistent about singing into the microphone because I was worried about where my fingers were supposed to be especially with being in a sitting position with a microphone right there in my line of vision. I think I might try standing with a strap on my guitar next time because I think it might be easier to see the fret board without having to move my head as much. let me know what you think about that. :) :)

You are absolutely right about Jim Bruno. Besides for being a great voice coach and a great person, he also provides an invaluable added bonus by providing a workshop for all of us to test and practice what we've learned. Neil is also doing that same thing now once a month as well at his place. It really makes a huge difference in confidence building to be able to go the next step and perform what you have learned in front of a safe supportive group of fellow music students even if it is a little scary. There are also so many open mic opportunities everywhere, available for anyone that does not live in this area but wants to practice performing.

Sandy

familyman4

Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:58 pm

Sandy,

I would like to suggest another alternative. I purchased this Shure, wireless headset microphone and absolutely love it! Basically, the microphone follows your head so you can still look around at the audience, look at your fret board, walk around, stand or set, and the sound is fantastic! You might remember the last video I posted of the Dan Fogelberg song, I was using this head set.

You only need to remember to shut it off or take it off when you go to the restroom :laugh:

I bet you anything that Bruno already has this in his massive collection of gear....

Bart

sandysue

Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:15 pm

That wireless headset sounds great Bart. I bought something like that for IGC a couple of years ago but some people thought it wasn’t as good as the regular mic or couldn’t be used with our sound system or something but I will try it because it sounds like the perfect solution for some one who sings and plays guitar at the same time. :) :) :)

Sandy

familyman4

Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:24 pm

Hey Sandy,

Just clarification: I didn't use the head set on that last Fogelberg song that I posted. I used it the entire gig that a partial song was posted on FB. That was a Neil Young song, Sugar Mountain. Anyway, the head set / microphone performed exceptional at that gig and I used it for 2 solid hours w/o any issues. Definitely made my life easier!

Sorry for mentioning the incorrect post!
Bart

thereshopeyet

Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:11 pm

Sandy

Great singing and playing.
You are sure getting to grips with singing and playing guitar together.
You kept it together for this 5 minutes song really well, kudos to you.

Dermot

:)

sandysue

Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:07 pm

Thank you so much Dermot

Sometimes it’s hard to watch yourself on video because you can see and hear all of your own mistakes but video’s are a great learning tool. At times it all la little mind boggling. :S :S

Sandy

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic