What The Hell I've Got

mike721

Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:07 am

There is nothing like a good depressing song to bring you down. This song was written by Michel Pagliro.

daryl

Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:17 pm

Hey Mike, First off great singing and strumming. But.....this is what I don't understand about these kinds of songs.....depressing....and sad.....and all that sort of stuff.....yet the tempo and the strumming is upbeat! Why is that? I would think this sort of song would have more meaning if it were played at like half the speed. What are your thoughts?

mike721

Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:18 pm

Daryl,

Thank you so much for the kind praise. The song was written by a French Canadian musician named Michel Pagliaro. I tried slowing down the tempo and the result is wonderful; thank you! It's a very sad, sad song but that's a part of life and I believe music reflects life and not the other way around.

I can sing a note for a long time but I just got back from the doctor, they took an x-ray and it turns out I have a mild case of pneumonia and they put me on antibiotics. In the video I posted, I had a terrible time singing it and I felt out of breath. I feel much better even though it will take about 48 hours for the stuff to do its job.

thereshopeyet

Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:49 pm

:ohmy:

Great video Mike .

neverfoundthetime

Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:40 am

Great post Mike! I really enjoy how you are progressing.... and you have a gift in your voice, so, its great to see you using it and developing it.
Your strumming is improving all the time too.

The thing about sad songs Daryl, ... well, I reckon Neil Diamond nailed it:

Song sung blue
Everybody knows one
Song sung blue
Every garden grows one
Me and you are subject to the blues now and then
But when you take the blues and make a song
You sing them out again
Sing them out again

The music to those lyrics was also not sad, it was melancholy but not depressing, there's an uplift.
There is healing in these songs. Take Harry Nilsson's Can't Live, he's dying and screaming it out, one of the most hear-wrenching songs of our time, but in the end its healing. If the music was funereal too, we'd all want to shoot ourselves!
Eat chocolate! :laugh:

Nice one Dermot, that was great!

Chris

thereshopeyet

Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:48 pm

Chris Wrote:
Eat chocolate!
:ohmy:

Dermot

mike721

Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:17 pm

You are all so nice here! I can't say the same for any other Internet social media. I sang new song called. "Love Don't Live Here Anymore" by Sven Gali

I reposted the song as a new threat as suggested.

Craig

Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:11 am

Very cool Mike! Great job! You've come a long way in such a short period of time! And I wish I could sing like you!

I would suggest starting a new thread for a new song. I'm afraid a lot of people will miss this performance thinking it is still the old post.

Anyway, I really enjoyed that! keep up the good work!

Craig

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic