Favourite Wine

BigBear

Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:45 pm

joreg wrote:
Hey Chas,

My Favorite wine is from Douro, but as I'm Portuguese, the prices are wonderful comparing
what you have to pay in US.

Last Year I discover another great wine from Cliff Richard (yes, Sir is producing wine in Portugal).

Cheers,

Jorge
Jorge- I'm a huge fan of Portuguese wines but the best wine from your country, by far, is Porto!! A nice vintage 1963 Taylor Fladgate, Grahams, Fonseca, Warres, Cockburn... My mouth is watering!! Porto is a gift from Heaven!!!

Matched up with a Montecristo #2, now that's living large!!!!

Cheers! :cheer:

BRBbrb

Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:57 pm

Chasplaya wrote:
You mean this one?

Mick Fleetwood chose Winemaker, Mike Brown to blend 25% Cabernet Franc and 75% Merlot grapes from Westerly Vineyards in Santa Ynez for this distinctive, all-occasion wine. Aged for 30 months in French oak casks and 18 months in the bottle for optimal flavor development and structure, this wine earns the distinction: Mick Fleetwood, Private Cellar.

The answer is no lol But will certainly look for it now
Let me know how it is! I prefer beer myself.

AcousticAl

Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:08 pm

BRBbrb wrote:
Chasplaya wrote:
You mean this one?

Mick Fleetwood chose Winemaker, Mike Brown to blend 25% Cabernet Franc and 75% Merlot grapes from Westerly Vineyards in Santa Ynez for this distinctive, all-occasion wine. Aged for 30 months in French oak casks and 18 months in the bottle for optimal flavor development and structure, this wine earns the distinction: Mick Fleetwood, Private Cellar.

The answer is no lol But will certainly look for it now
Let me know how it is! I prefer beer myself.

YES, Barb. I was going to ask why there isn't a beer category?

Good beer you like? What to try when you're in your neck of the woods? Bad beer to stay away from?

MJ and I have exchanged a few e-mails on the topic.

Over to you, Big Jim..

dekotaj

Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:26 pm

I am drinking cheap Malbecs every night at present, awesome price, flavour and antioxidant properties..

Lavallee

Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:13 pm

A good Chardonnay from Australia is the Yellow label

Chasplaya

Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:37 pm

Lavallee wrote:
A good Chardonnay from Australia is the Yellow label
The brand would likely be Wolfbass Yellow label, tis very nice

Lavallee

Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:16 am

I had a chance to stop at the Hitching Post restaurant (Buellton, CA) featured in the movie Sideways. I had the best filet ever with some fantastic Pinot noir that they grow on site. I am normally a Cabernet Sauvignon (Bordeau style), but I am telling that the Pinot was out of this world.

Definitely worth a major detour in any travel you are making.

Marc

pigpenz

Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:31 pm

mattwilliams wrote:
I am drinking cheap Malbecs every night at present, awesome price, flavour and antioxidant properties..
my wife has been a pretty steady diet of Aregentiam Malbecs to me lately
their OK but i prefer a good Rhone wine

BigBear

Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:43 pm

Favorite wines- Caymus Special Selection closely followed by Beringer Private Reserve, Bernkasteler Doktor Auslese.

Best cheap wine- Penfolds Bin 407 and Greg Norman Cab/Shiraz (yes, I realize they are both Aussie Wines!)

:cheer:

TGMatt

Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:34 pm

Has anyone mentioned Grange Hermitage ??..I havent read the whole thread..But Grange is top of the tree for anyone who wants to do a little research..yes an aussie..but...I spent 6 months in the South of France near Montpellier on a consultancy gig rebuilding a business and I got to spend a ton of time with some wine makers some of whom were expat Brits..I frollicked amomgst the vines eating them directly at leisure in an area that was frequented by Roman 2000 + year old ruins..(it was their wine trail too), and then I doscovered something interesting...the vines in that region were not ancient vines..no they were all from California, imported in 10 or so years prior when some disease wiped them all out....the only way they could replenish was to import these new ones from Califonia..so your not really drinking a truly french southern wine ...??

Anyways ..my current glass of Red is an ubelievable 3 bucks and 99 cents bottle of Malbec..yes..3.99 !!!...I am on a mission to try every malbec I can which are commonly from argentina and Chile, most are in the 10-20 range and I drink them for 2 reasons..but under 4 bucks..and its alright...I could buy any bottle in the shop I kid you not, and this is just fine thx..anyone interested its La Finca 08 Malbec from Argentina from Trader Joes..better than a cab sav for the health benefits..

Cheers

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic