Video Gear Question

Music Junkie

Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:41 pm

I would like to be able to make my own video and post it for the Video Q&A section, but I am a bit confused on the process. I have a webcam as part of my laptop, but the video is not good and the sound is very marginal. Can someone recommend a good starters list of Video / Audio gear for tube type videos (something that won't set someone back too much financially - I am not really in the market for high quality stuff at this point).

Any info would be appreciated.

Mj

bhudson

Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:07 pm

Most Digital cameras come with a video mode. Give that a try, use some light and see how that turns out. I have a fuji works great for video as well and the sound is pretty clear.

Music Junkie

Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:40 pm

Never thought of that. I will give it a try and see how it goes. Thanks for the lead.

jim56

Mon May 04, 2009 5:36 am

I recently purchased a web camera just for that purpose, sending video to Neil. Went to Best Buy and left with a Logitech Orbit AF. That set me back $134. It has an auto-tracking feature (it will follow your movement), adjusts the lighting, captures in high-definition. The computer system requirements are demanding, you need a good capable CPU and enough RAM. Read the product box for system requirements before you buy.

Happy shopping,

Jim

Music Junkie

Mon May 04, 2009 9:08 am

Yeah, I just went to Fry's on Saturday and left with a Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000. It set me back about $80.00, but it was worth it. It has a tracker, auto focus and shoots in varying ranges of SD and HD. The software that came with it is decent as well. Plus it has a fairly neat mount on it so I can place it on the table or over the top of my laptop. The mic is not too shabby either. Thanks to everyone for the input.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic