i am sooooo sorry for this....

rcsnydley

Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:53 am

There's a Gen Y now too? I need to get out more. :ohmy:

Ric

BigBear

Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:57 am

Chasplaya wrote:
Now i'm guessing here cos I don't know you but I believe those of us making the comments re PC B^*^$#%t these days are 'Baby Boomers not Gen X or Y
I don't know what gave you that idea! Are my Baby Boomer values showing through? ;-)

spinland

Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:07 pm

rcsnydley wrote:
There's a Gen Y now too? I need to get out more. :ohmy:

Ric
When they get past Gen Z do they start again at Gen A? :unsure:

haoli25

Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:55 pm

As a BOOMER, I actually feel sorry for the Gen X and Gen Y people. Sooner or later they will have to learn that the world is competitive, in business others aren't overly concerned with your 'feelings', things will not always go your way, and in the REAL WORLD you don't get a ribbon just for showing up.
The harsh reality is that, despite all the PC talk and 'support groups', the basic rules for success and happiness in life have not changed.

Most happy and successful people did not get that way by avoiding conflicts or disappointments, but rather by changing the outcome for the best.

BigBear

Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:35 pm

haoli25 wrote:
Most happy and successful people did not get that way by avoiding conflicts or disappointments, but rather by changing the outcome for the best.
Very well said!!!

6string

Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:27 pm

haoli25 wrote:
The harsh reality is that, despite all the PC talk and 'support groups', the basic rules for success and happiness in life have not changed.

hmmm, then how do you explain the success of rap music?

Its a much lower quality but they succeed amongst themselves.

haoli25

Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:51 pm

I will surely take some heat for saying this....BUT, (lol)

The 'Rap Music' business is nothing but a money-laundering operation for the large
scale illegal drug operators. Nothing more and nothing less. I see their promotoers
on an almost daily basis. It has little to do with music and everything to do with
profits, whatever the source.
People do make money in 'Rap Music'...lots of money! But then again, so do drug dealers, bank robbers, and pimps. Some people's integrity can be purchased for far
less than market value.

True music endures, whether it is the 40 year old version of "Classical Gasoline"
(Yes, that was the original title) that many of us are trying to learn here on TG,
or 150 year old folk songs that are still cherished around the world, or symphonies that were written hundreds of years ago. While not all songs survive the test of time, all share that they were conceived of inspiration, artistry and talent of varying degrees. 'Rap Music' has none of those qualities.
I doubt very seriously that someone 40 years from now will be frantically searching for the complete lyrics to "I Like Big Butts".

Just my 2 cents worth.

Haoli

Chasplaya

Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:56 am

BigBear wrote:

I don't know what gave you that idea! Are my Baby Boomer values showing through? ;-)[/quote]

The fact you have values might be a hint

Chasplaya

Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:57 am

haoli25 wrote:
I will surely take some heat for saying this....BUT, (lol)

The 'Rap Music' business is nothing but a money-laundering operation for the large
scale illegal drug operators. Nothing more and nothing less. I see their promotoers
on an almost daily basis. It has little to do with music and everything to do with
profits, whatever the source.
People do make money in 'Rap Music'...lots of money! But then again, so do drug dealers, bank robbers, and pimps. Some people's integrity can be purchased for far
less than market value.

True music endures, whether it is the 40 year old version of "Classical Gasoline"
(Yes, that was the original title) that many of us are trying to learn here on TG,
or 150 year old folk songs that are still cherished around the world, or symphonies that were written hundreds of years ago. While not all songs survive the test of time, all share that they were conceived of inspiration, artistry and talent of varying degrees. 'Rap Music' has none of those qualities.
I doubt very seriously that someone 40 years from now will be frantically searching for the complete lyrics to "I Like Big Butts".

Just my 2 cents worth.

Haoli

Well said !!!

rcsnydley

Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:26 pm

I second what Chas said.

Well said, Haoli.

Ric

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic